This is another goodie I baked during the Thanksgiving break this year! Saw Bananas going bad on the counter top and wanted to make something with it. Immediately this bread came to my mind. Unfortunately my girls hate walnuts and bananas. When I said I need their help in baking this, they said a big NO. But I gave a bribe saying we will add some White Chocolate Chips along with the nuts. It sounded like a good deal to them and we started our prep work :). Again I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and adjusted the ingredient quantity according to our requirement.
- Maida/All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Sugar/Xylitol - 1 cup
- Overripe Mashed Bananas - 1 cup
- Egg Whites - 6 tbs (2 eggs)
- Walnuts Chopped - 1/2 cup
- Almond Shavings - 2 tbsp
- White chocolate chips - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the 9x5 loaf pan
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda together and mix well.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and bananas to it and blend it well. ( I used hand blender)
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir well.
- Add the chopped walnuts now and fold it gently.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips and almond shavings on top
- Bake it for 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.