I watched the unfiltered full version of the aircraft hanger speech live on Saturday. It was interesting to see Donald re-running one of his pre-election speeches with a few extra pieces about press reporting added into the mix.
My problem might be that I have actually watched whole chunks of the live stuff. So when Trump talks about something happening in Sweden last night, I am intrigued. I can't find out what it was?
Watching directly means I hear what is being said rather than just absorbing a remix from a media site. Of course Fox, which seems to carry most of the stories and events, has its own 'friend of Trump' agenda, which I noticed loud and clear from my time in the USA during last year when the conventions were taking place.
There are so many interesting items to pick from. And yes, I know I have left a few out. Including Sweden.
- BIG ACTS
- The EPA unfreezing: Comprising the removal from Day One of the Presidency, of all of the climate change material from the White House Site. The later appointment of Scott Pruitt as the new EPA boss will ensure that climate change initiatives are rolled back.
- The Affordable Care repeal: So called Obamacare repeal, putting 18 million Americans into an uninsured healthcare poverty trap, unless there is a new initiative put in place by next month.
- The southern wall: signed off along with 10,000 new immigration officials to be added. Operation Cross Check has also just conducted targeted enforcement actions (raids) in at least 11 states, related to immigration and scooped up another 680 people. In Obama's administration, the rate of deportation was circa 300k-400k per annum.
- Dodd-Frank to be repealed or at least reduced. This is the Act that was put in place to stop the banks from having a free-for-all approach to their conduct. TRADE
- Immediate freeing up of regulations for Detroit and other car makers, along with threats that if cars are made outside the USA they will attract huge tariffs.
- Re-pricing of the hyper-expensive F35 fighter, but negotiations with Lockheed Martin. The $600m saving sounds a lot but is small beer in the scale of the program where the US intends to buy over 2,400 planes for circa US$323 billion. And something else. It had already been negotiated by the Pentagon before Trump came to office.
- UK special relationship - whatever that will mean DIPLOMACY
- The Mexican stand-off when the Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto called off the meeting with Trump.
- Ambiguous relationship with Russia, which includes the old footage of Trump saying he was talking to Putin, but which is now being denied. My speculation is that the old claims were in any case false.
- Unfortunante shortened phone call with Australia
- Family links to Russia for business.
- Israel changes of direction
- China one state two state changes of direction
- Trans Pacific Partnership deal cancelled.
- Trump's support of NATO was low but has been raised by Pence. All subject to everyone paying in their 2%.
- Mike Flynn appointed and then sacked/resigns over Russian interests. Storyline from Trump has been haphazard but implied at one time a lack of trust.
- Sean Spicer says it was the Obama administration that approved that January 28 raid on al Qaeda in Yemen that led to the deaths of a Navy SEAL and possibly civilians. But former Obama security official Colin Kahl says this is false. IMMIGRATION
- The seven country immigration stoppage, where the countries were predominantly Muslim and the attendant chaotic scenes caused partly by not informing anyone in advance about the action.
- Indefinite ban on Syrian refugees entering the USA and new 'safe' areas proposed in Syria. LEGISLATURE
- Arguments between the government and the legislature, including the quotes about a 'so-called judge'.
- A call by the President to investigate 2016 alleged voter fraud (could be interesting?)
- Sally Yates, acting Attorney General was fired after not supporting the travel ban. She also blew the whistle on the Russian sanctions a long time ahead of it becoming general knowledge.
- Hundreds of diplomats and officials signed a protest at certain new State Department directives. White House says they should quite.
- Trump encouraging Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to "go nuclear" and change Senate rules if required to overcome Democrats' opposition to Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch.
- Delays to confirmation of Presidential nominations for certain key posts.
- Trump hinting at use of Fed in troubled areas, such as Chicago PRESS RELATIONS
- Press spokesman for the President (Sean Spicer) losing cool in press conferences.
- Fake News becomes news FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Family links to Trump's ongoing so called 'blind businesses'
- Use of Trump facilities for State business (such as Mar-a-lago which has also now doubled its membership fees). Trump referring to it as the Winter White House.
- Use of Presidential equipment (such as Air Force One) as part of his oddly timed 2020 aircraft hanger campaign presentation.
- Steve Bannon as Manipulator in Chief, with access to just about everything.
- Trump top team comprising mainly billionaire white men of a certain age. TRIVIA
- The weird argument about who had the biggest inauguration crowd. And whether or not it rained.
- That stuff about shoes in Nordstrom