For awhile we speculated that Summer has again passed us by. But today and yesterday temperatures have reached 90 degrees or better. Be that as it may, my decision to forgo speculation about political issues seem to be working. It saddens me that when our country faces serious deficiencies in almost every direction. Lets see:
- roads, bridges, dams, levies, schools all need modernizing
- we continue to funnel resources (money, lives, reputation) into Iraq and Afghanistan
- terrorists can still construct nuclear bombs
- our water supplies and systems are outdated and subject to failure
- wealth continues to accumulate for the 3 or 4 percent of our population
- drive by shootings in Oakland and Richmond continue at record levels.