Rather than listing individual vocabulary, it has become more fun now to list short conversations (and their context) as Kabouter has turned himself in a live commentator of all that happens around him. So we hear the world around us through him.
- "Echt lekkerrrr" : really yummie (while eating a strawberry)
- "Ola Kijk ....Ola Kijk" : (hi, look, hi look) while on vacation with his little sunglasses on waving to all waiters
- "Leuk och, och een keer" : (fun more) while riding over speedbumps
- While he stands balancing with one foot on the table
M: "Kabouter, keep your feet on the ground"
(he completely ignores me)
M: "Kabouter, KEEP your feet on the ground"
K: "Ah that one too?"
M: "Yes, that one too"
K: "aaaaaah ok"
(he puts his foot on the ground for 1 minute)
- K: "Mama auto parkeren" while we are parking
M: "Yes, mommy has to find a parking spot. Here we can park"
(after we have parked and got out and walk towards our house)
K: "Hier plaats parkeren, hier noggg een plaats parkeren, hier parkeren? " (here a parking spot, here another spot to park, park here?)
- "Kabouter stoppen....little kabouter weg ...peekabooooo" (he's playing hiding/peekaboo)
- "Mama prikken? Mama hier prikken? Kabouter kijken"
"En nu mama prikken in buik? .... Mama nu gedaan prikken!"
He's well aware of my routine to check my sugar blood level before a meal and to inject myself with insuline and comments on it.
At another day at a completely random moment he tells Jan
"Papa moet niet prikken"
- K: "whaaaaa" (he's whining while laying on the floor out of protest because he doesn't want to leave yet, he wants to watch some movies on the ipad instead).
M : "Mommy is leaving, mommy will go on her own to the daycare if you don't want to come"
(I turn off the light already in the kitchen while he's still whining on the floor there and proceed to the hallway".
M: "Come on Kabouter, come here, come to the door, we are going to leave"
(I open the front door...no response from the kitchen)
M: "Oh gosh, it's raining, look all the cars are wet outside"
K: "Oooooh Kabouter comes, Kabouter watches wet cars" and there he appears all excited with a small run.
- "Bus aan de kant" "Nog een bus aan de kant" "Dries is er niet.....Dries in de bus!!"
(comments on the traffic while driving home)
- (He bumps into the safety gate and starts whining while staring at his fingers)
M: "Did you hurt your finger?"
K: "Yes pain, fingers pain"
M: "Ok, I'll come and give a little kiss...is it your little pink that hurts?"
K: "Little pink...not big thumb...not that one either"