You guys are in for a treat, because Karyn has been sharing more mouth-watering recipes with me! This old fashioned beef and noodles over mashed potatoes recipe is full “carb on carb comfort food” that everyone is sure to savor.
Old Fashioned Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 2 lbs. diced Beef (roast or tips or stew meat)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 packet Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix
- 1 packet AuJus Gravy mix
- 1 packed Brown Gravy mix
- 4 cups Water
- 2 TBsp Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce
- 1 large can Mushrooms Stems & Pieces
- 1 bag (12-16 oz) Frozen Egg Noodles
- Place meat in bottom of Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
- Sear the meat on all sides.
- Mix soups and packets together, pour over meat.
- Add 4 cups of water to Dutch oven and stir well.
- Cover and slow cook on low heat 2-3 hours OR transfer to 275 degree oven and back for 2-3 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, prepare the frozen egg noodles according to package directions.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet sauce, mushrooms and noodles to the meat and gravy mixture.
- Simmer on low heat on the stove top until ready to serve.
- Delicious served over mashed potatoes.
I’m thinking the old fashioned beef and noodles looks delicious even without the mashed potatoes! And in case you missed Karyn’s last recipe, check out her Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe. You’ll be wanting to invite yourself over for dinner to her house, too!