I haven't made banana Bread for ages so I decided to have a go at a healthy version with dates. I think it turned out really well.
Banana And Date Bread
100g Coconut oil
100g Maple syrup
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g pitted dates
1. Mash the bananas. I used a hand blender to make the Mixture smooth.
2. Beat the eggs and add to the bananas.
3. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir thoroughly until everything is combined.
4. Add the flour and baking powder to make a sticky doughy mixture.
5. Chop the dates into small pieces. I used a food processor which was easier.
6. Put the mixture into a greased bread tin.
7. Cook for approximately 30 minutes at 180 degrees in a preheated oven. It's best to use a skewer or a very thin knife to check that the bread is cooked right through.
Allow to cool thoroughly before removing the bread from the tin.
The recipe makes one loaf which is 3070 Calories. It cuts into 15 slices so each slice is only 204 calories each. You could reduce the calories by using margarine instead of coconut oil but the bread may lose some of its moistness. You could also leave out the maple syrup and rely on the dates and bananas to provide sweetness. Another option would to reduce the amount of dates used to 50g.
This makes a great snack and can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
Let me know if you try making this. I'm off to enjoy a slice now with a cup of coffee. Speak to you soon
Love Erica xxx