I've said quite a few times that I wanted to shake up my diet and try to introduce some new foods. Chilli is not something that I would normally eat so I had a go at devising my own recipe so that I could keep it as low in calories as possible.
Quorn Chilli With NoodleSlim Rice
1/4 red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
150g Quorn mince
100ml boiling water
1 tsp gravy granules
200g chopped tomatoes
3 tbsps tomato purée
150g red kidney beans
1 packet NoodleSlim rice
1. Finely chop the onion, pepper and garlic then fry it gently in a pan with low fat cooking spray for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the paprika, cumin and chilli powder. Stir so that the mixture is fully coated with the spices and then continue frying for another two minutes.
3. Add the Quorn Mince and stir thoroughly. You may need to add a little oil at this point as quorn mince is quite dry. Cook on a reduced heat for five minutes
4. Stir the gravy granules into the boiling water and then add to the pan. Stir thoroughly.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée. Stir until completely combined.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Drain and rinse the kidney beans then add to the pan stirring until mixed.
8. Add additional seasoning if required. This is a matter of personal taste depending on how spicy you like your food.
9. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
10. Prepare the NoddleSlim rice as per the packet instructions. Add to the pan, stir until fully mixed and then simmer for another two to three minutes.
11. Serve with some fresh coriander as garnish if you would like.
This recipe actually makes two large servings which are 378 calories each. You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Just be sure to thoroughly reheat before eating.
What I really liked about this recipe was how incredibly filling it was for only 378 calories. I actually struggled to finish it and certainly wasn't hungry at all for the rest of the day.
Let me know if you try making it. Speak to you soon
Love Erica xxx