These Muffins were born out of the fact that I still have a huge bag of dates in my kitchen cupboard and I'm trying to think of different ways to use them. I think they actually turned out really well.
Honey and Date Muffins
100g Coconut Oil
100ml Almond Milk
1 tsp Baking Powder
250g Self Raising Flour
1. Beat the eggs and add to the coconut oil and honey. Mix well until combined.
2. Add the flour, baking powder and milk, then mix together.
3. Chop the dates into small chunks. I used a cooks knife which worked quite well.
4. Fold the dates into the Mixture.
5. Place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into large Muffin cases in a muffin tin.
6. Cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top.
7. Allow to cook until removing from the
These make the perfect snack. The recipe makes 12 muffins and they are only 231 calories each.
They would also be really good for a quick breakfast. The dates make them deliciously moist inside and they combine beautifully with the flavour of the honey.
Let me know if you try making them. Speak to you soon
Love Erica xxx