If you follow my Instagram them you will have seen the picture of these that I posted last week. They were really lovely so here's the recipe.
Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes
2 Beef Tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 red onion
50g cooked ham
100g low fat feta cheese
1. Slice the top off the tomatoes and put to one side
2. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes being careful not to puncture the skin so that they look like this.
3. Finely chop the onion, ham and garlic.
4. Mix together the cheese, onion, ham and garlic.
5. Carefully spoon the mixture into the tomatoes.
6. Put the top back on the tomato.
7. Put the tomatoes on a greased baking sheet.
8. Cook at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
I served the tomatoes on a bed of lettuce but you could have them with couscous or rice instead.
The recipe makes two Stuffed Tomatoes but they are really filling and one would probably suffice. You could also swap the ham for bacon if you prefer.
The recipe is 386 calories which makes each stuffed tomato 193 calories.
This made a nice satisfying meal and one that I will definitely try again. Let me know if you try making them.
Speak to you soon
Love Erica xxx