Curly Hair never goes out of fashion. If your hair is limp or if you have less hair, adding curls to your hair will add some body or volume to your bad hair. But with heat treatments like rollers, dryers and curlers, there is always a fear of facing negative consequences like hair fall, hair breakage or hair drying. So its better to chuck all of those harsh methods and go natural instead!
There are quite a few ways to get cute rippled, curly hair! So lets start making curls! Whether long or short hair, here are some things you can tart trying out:
The most popular method for getting beautiful curly hairs is through braiding. Start of it by washing your hair with a shampoo or cleanser followed by drying it up with a cloth. Now carefully comb your hair without breaking the strands. Start braiding 2 or 3 sections of hair from top to bottom near the neck. Tie up the ends with a band and leave it like that for all day. On next day you can remove the band and take apart the braid. Then you will be left with beautiful curly hairs. To enhance the looks, you can use a hairspray.
2. PIN CURLS:
This method have been in use for over many decades. To start off, first wash your hair as pin curls are effective on damp hair. Even though spraying is good enough to wet the hair, it is better to wash your hair for a lasting curly hair. Now you can dry your hair with a towel, if hair is thick it is good to take more time to dry up before curling the hairs. The main goal is to completely dry your hair before removing the pins.
Take a small section of your hair and wrap them around your thumb and forefinger to make a perfect curl. Continue curling in a spiral form until it reaches the top portion of your head. Use a pin to stick these curls stay together. Make your way around head until all your hair has been pinned tightly. Now cover up your hair with a cloth to prevent the pins from loosening. Wait for a few hours for the hair to completely dry up. Once you are sure the hair has dried up, you can take out the pins starting from bottom. At first the hair strands might not appear spiral, but don’t worry once you finish plucking off all pins, you can style the curls as per your needs.
3. TIE A HIGH BUN:
Another easy way to create curls is tying your hair high up in a bun. Here's how:
1. Pull all your hair up to the crown.
2. Twist the hair and wrap it and tie it in a bun at the crown.
3. Secure with elastic or pins.
4. Keep for quite a few hours or overnight.
5. Open the bun to get lovely loose waves on your hair.
6. Set with spray.
This no trouble method however is difficult to set if you have real silky hair. It does stand on an average hair texture.
You can also create tiny buns on your head for big round curls. They also do wonders and set properly over night.
4. RAG CURLS:
Another way to make curls is by using small strips of cloth. You may even consider unused socks.
1. Do this on damp hair.
2. Make section in your hair (Remember the smaller the sections the tighter the curls and vice-versa).
3. Place the cloth or sock at the tip of your hair and keep rolling till you reach from where you want your curls to begin. Tie at the end.
4. Keep overnight. Now as you un-roll socks you find that your hair has taken to some lovely curls.
All you can do is to run your hands through your hair to give it the right bounce. Make sure you comb them. Even if you do.. just one small run through would suffice.
5. VELCRO ROLLERS:
The next method is using velcro rollers.
1. Comb dampen hair to free it of any knots or tangles.
2. Separate hair in section depending on the type of curls (tight or loose) you want.
3. Take each section and start rolling Velcro inward or outward. Secure tight with a butterfly clip.
4. Blow dry with warm air for 5 mins. and then with cold air for 3 -4 mins.
5. Keep or 15 minutes before opening.
And your curls are ready! There are many other ways to get and keep your curls! Simply try the above and see if it works for you!
You will be surprised how going natural can make you look and feel!