Earthenware vase in medium and bread cushion
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are of my own.
With an upcoming move in the near future, I’ve been scheming on how to decorate our room to make it less stressful and to tell you the truth, it’s been helping – A LOT. I have always loved home decor since I was a kid and to have lived on my own for the past 4 and a half years is a blessing in itself.
I haven’t been able to furnish our apartment in a way that I would like to in the past 4 years but now that we’re in a financially good spot, we’ve been furnishing our place here and there. With a new move soon, I decided that it’s finally time to buy a bed and other home decor things to make it complete! Also, Charles has been into home renovation shows lately and although we don’t have a home to renovate, we do have a home to redecorate! Here are the few things that I have in mind for our new place:
- Colby Upholstered Platform Bed – Finding a modern, contemporary bed in Hawaii is a dime a dozen and having to ship a bed is a pain in the arse. I’ve asked my followers on their input on their Wayfair purchases and although it was a mix bag, I kept my options open. The bed I wanted on their website was $219.99 BUT the kicker is, shipping cost the same: $219 so I’m paying about $440 for a bed to be shipped to Hawaii. Charles and I spent some time looking at Inspiration in Honolulu for a bed and we saw something similar but the price would be more than the price to ship a bed from Wayfair and that’s how we ended up choosing this! We put our purchase on hold until we seal a place down.
- H&M Washed Linen Duvet Cover Set – Initially, I wanted a white linen but opted for gray. I’ll probably buy the white one eventually. As stated in my Recent Buys, it’s just a pillow and duvet cover set but I have found a duvet and fitted sheet to go along with it.
- Warm Down Alternative Comforter – found this on Target’s website! I’ll probably buy it over the weekend since I should be receiving the duvet cover set next week!
- Fitted Cotton Sheet – I don’t want to spend too much on a fitted sheet so this seems like a good purchase!
- Delavan Tripod Floor Lamp – I’ve been obsessed with tripod lamps for awhile! I wanted a wood one but the ones at Target has some kind of brass details on it that I’m not in love with. I think this is more subtle and matches our decor.
- Norloti 2 Drawer Night Stand – We currently have a night stand right now but without drawers, I love the drawers so I could hide whatever is on top in the drawers. This also matches our dresser we bought not too long ago which is a plus since I’m trying to make our home more cohesive.
- 4-Cube Organizer Shelf – Charles and I have a vinyl player and both the vinyl player and our vinyls are on the bookcase but it’s out of place with my books and storage baskets. I want this 4-Cube organizer and put the vinyl player on top and the records in the cubes. I want to add hairpin legs to the bottom to make it more mid-century! I’ll be ordering the weathered gray shelf.
- 60″ Loring 4 Shelf Trestle Bookcase – This is the bookcase that we currently have! Currently, books are on the top shelf (as well as little toys I acquired in Japan), the second shelf is the vinyl player and records, and the last two are storage baskets and more books.
- Esters Wood Arm Chair – I’ve been looking for an accent chair. I may have to pass on this depending if I have room in our newer place or not. I would love to add it though!
- Terracotta Vase Medium – I recently bought this vase at Target. I imagine putting a single white anthurium on it and placing it on our dresser.
- Earthenware Vase Medium – Another vase that I’ve acquired recently! I love that it’s white but also has these scalloped details that make it not so boring!
- Bread Cushion (featured in the photo with Curry) – Probably one of my favorite quirky buys. Although it was intentionally bought to be used as a pet bed, I leave it on the couch and Curry and Lilikoi lay on it whenever they’re on the couch!
I’ll be moving either in July (I know, so soon) or October so until I find out, I’ll be making my purchases then. Can’t wait to furnish it and show it to you all!
Shop My Home Edition Post Here:
The post Home Edition appeared first on WA N D E R H O U R.
This post first appeared on Wander Hour- Travel, Food, And Style Blog By Kathe, please read the originial post: here