Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.
My mother’s side is of Greek Heritage and its always been a pretty part of my life, I use to attend Greek Festivals every year and I am always cooking family recipes of my favorite Greek cuisine including Lamb, Spanakopita, and Koulourakias, so I was OVER the moon when Try The World had reached out to me and wanted to send me their Greece Box.
Try The World is a subscription box that offers a few different options to choose from. The first option sends you 7 to 8 gourmet delicacies from a new country every month that starts at $39 a month, the second option sends 5 snacks from 5 countries every single month that starts at $19 a month and the last option sends you 5 full sized pantry essentials that is tailored to your liking after you fill out a taste profile which starts at $29.95 a month.
I was sent the January Greece Box which was part of the subscription option that sends you 7 to 8 gourmet delicacies from a new country every month. This box was curated by Chef Diane Kochilas which was raised in a Greek Home, she has spent her career promoting all things Greek and is a chef consultant who has worked with many Greek restaurants. She has even appeared on numerous TV shows including “Throwdown With Bobby Flay”.
She is personally one of my favorite chefs and the fact that she curated this box made me EVEN more excited.
I was SO excited when I opened the box! I literally SCREAMED out in excitement!
The box included
- Pasteli by Vasilissa which are a traditional Greek confection that is made with sesame seeds and honey.
- Rosemary-Infused Olive Oil by Delicious Crete(I sadly couldn’t review this item as I am allergic to rosemary)
- Spicy Pepper Paste With Feta Cheese by Artion
- Dolmas(Stuffed Vine Leaves) by Palirria which are my ALL time favorite! They are soft grape leaves that are stuffed with Rice, Dill, Mint and Onions.
- Tzatziki Mix by Stories of Greek Origins
- Breadsticks with Kalamata Olive Paste & Oat Grains
- Kourambies Biscuits by Sweet Magic(I was SO excited for these because they are actually my FAVORITE cookies)
- Trahana(Grecian Pasta) by 776 Deluxe
I LOVED this box! I think Try The World and Chef Diane Kochilas did an AMAZING job at curating this box to really highlight many of the great foods that Greek Cuisine has to offer. The box also contained TONS of great information on Greek culture and even some great recipes(Can’t wait to try the Lamb Keftedes). I am incredibly impressed with how well put togeather this box was and it was really fun trying all of the different foods I already love.
I was overall very impressed with how well put togeather this box was and it was really fun trying all of the different foods I already love.
The post A Recap Of The Try The World Greece Box appeared first on Stephs Cheers and Jeers.
This post first appeared on Stephs Cheers And Jeers - A Day In The Life Of A B, please read the originial post: here