Through its flagship brand DSL, Pldt Home’s share in home broadband market is marked at over 70% in Cebu and in the Philippines during the first half of 2015. It is also the most preferred choice for household users wanting to experience Internet connectivity at home.
With Internet increasingly becoming a need, PLDT’s boost in home broadband market is something to be proud of within PLDT, one of the top two telecommunication companies in the Philippines. But what should be expected from PLDT Home beside the home broadband network?
It would be fairly safe to enumerate what PLDT Home has done this year very positively that the company is celebrating its milestones and achievements in Cebu.
- Cebu is now PLDT-connected with fiber optic network that spans from Daanbantayan, north of Cebu to Moalboal, which is increasingly a vibrant municipality south of Cebu.
- A series of upgrades has been implemented including its Fibr plans. This upgrade has been done for free, based on a press release I have received from PLDT.
- With plans as low as 1899 and interconnectivity speed of 8 Mbps to 20 Mbps, Fibr also has plans for households and businesses that require 100Mbps all the way to 200Mbps.
- Fibr is available in areas in Cebu dubbed as “millionaire’s quarters” such as Beverly Hills, Maria Luisa Estates and Cebu Royal Estates.
- By bolstering its network coverage in Cebu in over 100 sites, PLDT Home has also gained a position as the no.1 digital services provider in Cebu with products and services such as the ad-famous FAM CAM, a monitoring device at home where users can see what other household members are doing inside a house within the reach of the camera.
Aside from the FAM CAM, PLDT Home subscribers can also avail of iflix and video-on-demand movies served by Fox. Please google PLDT and iflix to know more about these subscription services from PLDT Home.
“Cebu’s rapid urbanization gives us a lot of growth opportunities. We are also able to build the strongest connections and enrich more digital lifestyle among Cebuano families as we offer our extensive entertainment products and topnotch connectivity at home and even beyond the home,” Gary Dujali said. Dujali is the PLDT VP and Home Marketing Director.
This is not something new actually, but this might be something that PLDT Home subscribers can avail if they want to transform their HDMI-ready TV into computer with Windows operating system. This enables the subscriber to convert its LED TV ready with HDMI ports and cables into a kind of smart TV. But of course, it won’t be totally converted if the TV lacks front-end camera where more amazing things can happen. Just imagine that your TV is an extension of your work station if you want to have a very large screen to work on. But don’t discount the entertainment part especially if you want to watch YouTube on a much bigger screen.
The post PLDT Home prides itself as the No. 1 home broadband in Cebu appeared first on Bjorn Cebuano.