Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Oct 4, 2018 Aomori, Japan

Woke up in Aomori, Japan this morning. A tug boat was pushing us into position and we are here for the day. It’s about 7:30 and sun is trying to come out of the clouds.
It’s noticeably warmer here and we think we’ll start putting our wintery Alaska clothes into our suitcases and bring out the warm weather clothes very soon. We’ll probably do it the day after tomorrow when most of the passengers depart and 200 of us doing the back to back will with stay onboard. But maybe i’ll watch the new passengers arrive or maybe go on an excursion and i was invited to go with my roommate Annie and her friends to visit a botanical garden.

Today was an unusual day for me, i was up early and watched as we docked in Aomori in a nice scenic spot. Later i went up to the buffet for my breakfast and sat on the starboard side so i could look at the view from there. The city looks nice and there’s a shopping mall not far away. So i went out thinking i’d walk to the mall but i was wearing a sweater and it quickly became too warm and i was undecided about going ahead carrying it or to get back on the ship and take it to the room. I noticed a few tents with vendors selling small things so took a look at everything hoping to find some washi paper or any nice handmade papers but nope, there was none. NCL had a couple tents with chairs for passengers to rest in if they wanted or needed to sit and i did. When i got up again i felt weak, stiff and hot with no energy to head on out to find their mall. So i climbed back aboard and in the cabin i laid down for a minute and woke up a few hours later. Whoosh, it was afternoon already. So i went to the buffet and then still feeling tired went back to the room where i crashed for another couple, what a waste of a perfectly lovely looking town. So i putted around and then my roomie came back and she was going to have a little nap so i did too!

I finally realized it was dinner time and i wanted to go to the showroom for the last big show so i hit the buffet once again. Joe, one of the people that i often sit with in the buffet was there and had just finished his dinner so i ate mine and then walked with him to the show where we sat in the handicapped seats in the balcony. The show was every bit as fabulous as advertised and even actually better.

Afterwards i thought i’d stop and play a bit in the casino but it was still closed. Ships are not allowed to have gambling going on when near land and Japan is near. Still, i erroneously thought it would open for business very soon as we had been sailing for over an hour so i thought for sure we were far enough out and they’d power up the slots. So i hung around for awhile but nope, it looked like there’d be no casino for awhile because by law we have to be a certain distance away from land and in this area there’s land that will be close enough for a long time so it might not open all evening.
So i dropped into the buffet for a little dessert and sat with Juan who was just about to take off to go to the second show. I finished my desserts and went to the cabin where i met my roomie in the hallway on her way home too.
It’s been a sort of weird day what with all the sleeping. I was scared of some illness happening like pneumonia again and i’m deathly afraid of that so took a couple of the meds my Dr. gave me to take if i suspected it was starting. I guess i was just plain tired from a lot of walking, back and forth on a big ship is tiring. Hope i can get really rested overnight and recoup my mojo again.

 Love the patterns in the carpets on the Jewel.

This post first appeared on I'll Give You A Piece Of My Mind, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Oct 4, 2018 Aomori, Japan


Subscribe to I'll Give You A Piece Of My Mind

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription