Breakfast is one meal that we enjoy preparing as a family. We’re very fortunate that my husband and I both work mostly from home, and we’re now able to homeschool our daughters. That means we get to make lots of wonderful meals together like this Gluten Free Chia Berry Oatmeal recipe.
I love simple, yet nourishing meals, like this one. It’s a very easy recipe to prepare, even for children who are learning to cook. Oatmeal is one of the first things I taught my daughters to make (scrambled eggs was the first), and it’s something both of them reach for often during the school year.
There are lots of great ways you can prepare oatmeal – the versaility is one of my favorite things about it. Instead of adding berries, chia seeds and almonds like this recipe calls for, you could switch it up and add cacao powder for a chocolate twist, choose different nuts or different fruits. You could eat oatmeal for breakfast every day of the week and never have it the same way!
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe for breakfast, give this Gluten Free Chia Berry Oatmeal Recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Gluten Free Chia Berry Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon almonds
- Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until there’s no more liquid.
- Serve in bowls, topped with some berries, chia seeds and almonds.
- Enjoy your delicious, nourishing breakfast!
How would your family mix up this Gluten Free Chia Berry Oatmeal recipe?
The post Gluten Free Chia Berry Oatmeal Recipe appeared first on Happy Mothering.
This post first appeared on Happy Mothering - Inspiration To Live A Simple, Na, please read the originial post: here