I’ve shared a few of my homemade soap ideas this year but today I’m sharing one with you that I think is going to be a bit like marmite. You’re either going to love or hate my homemade Green Tea and Matcha Soap.
I never even considered making my own Soap until I discovered something called ‘Melt and Pour Soap Base‘ which is amazing and is basically just as it sounds – you melt it, stir in the ingredients you want to add and then you pour it into your moulds to set.
My soap moulds are from Amazon and they’re so cute! I use them for everything from my homemade toilet fizzies to mini jack daniels jellies and they’re amazing for soap making as the patterns are so intricate so the finished soaps look so pretty!
How to make homemade Green Tea and Matcha Soap
Soap Base Mix – mine was about £3.50 for 500g and that made 6 bars of soap.
3 Green Tea and Matcha tea bags – I used Pukka tea bags (this is per 160g ish of soap base mix)
1 teaspoon matcha powder
- I found the best way of deciding how many cubes to melt for each bar of soap was to pop them in the mould itself. I only melted enough for two soap bars at a time.
- I melted my soap in the microwave in a glass jug rather than the bowl over a glass bowl method because I do love a good shortcut. I checked it every 30 seconds for about two to two and a half minutes.
- Once the soap mix was melted, I snipped open the tea bags and added the tea leaves into the melted soap base along with the Matcha powder and gave it a good mix.
- The green tea and matcha turn the soap mix a colour that’s probably not the best colour for soap but the scent from it is so nice that you can almost forget the colour.
- The final step is to simply pour the mix into the moulds and leave it to set for a couple of hours.
If you like homemade products then do have a look at my other little projects.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram
The post Homemade Green Tea and Matcha Soap… appeared first on The Diary of a Frugal Family.
This post first appeared on The Diary Of A Frugal Family - Living A Fabulously Frugal Family Life, please read the originial post: here