My coworker asked me for Asian food in Los Angeles recommendations and I spent a long time making a list. I go to a lot of new restaurants every weekend, but the ones below are good enough for me to return to. I love LA.
Los Angeles Asian Food Recommendations
- 101 Noodle Express (San Gabriel Valley)- for Beef Rolls, Dan dan mien
- Green Zone (San Gabriel Valley)- for Hainese Chicken
- Szechuan Impression (San Gabriel Valley)- for NICE Szchuan food (good service)
- Pine and Crane (Los Feliz) - Hipster, organic refined Taiwanese.
- Huge Tree Pastry (San Gabriel Valley) - Taiwanese breakfast - Fan tuan
- Jazz Cat (San Gabriel Valley) - Individual hot pot
- Atlantic Seafood (San Gabriel Valley) - for cheap dim sum (in a very modern Asian plaza with a daiso)
- Elite (San Gabriel Valley) - Better quality dim sum (no carts)
- Newport Seafood (San Gabriel Valley) - for that lobster
- Bud Namu (Koreatown) - for CHEAP AYCE KBBQ - new facility, $12
- Hae Jang Chon (Koreatown) - for stone grill style kbbq
- Yu Chun Chic (Koreatown) - for Korean cold noodles.
- Eight Korean BBQ (Koreatown) - 8 different types of pork including ginseng, garlic etc. - pretty unique
- Silverlake Ramen (Silvelake) - for dipping noodles
- Monzo (Little Tokyo) - for creamy udon
- Kush (Echo Park)- for $$$ Japanese tapas
- Coco Ichibanya (Koreatown)- Japanese curry. Some people like Curry House better
- Jist Cafe (Little Tokyo)- Cute cafe. Get Chashu hash + rice. Large portion
- Sushi Enya (Little Tokyo) - American sushi rolls. Get "no rice" rolls. They come out in bite sizes. Mmm
- Tokyo Fried Chicken (San Gabriel Valley)- A different take on fried chicken with amazing ponzu dipping sauce and sides.
- Simpang Asia (West LA)- general Indo food
- Borneo (San Gabriel Valley) - Amazing nasi campur
- Golden Deli (San Gabriel Valley) - Very east, but probably the best
- Thai Lai (Hawthorne) - For their Hu Tieu and Mi Quang
- Luv2Eat (Hollywood) - For their jade noodles (dry)
- Ruen Pair (Thai town)- Everything is amazing here.
- Hoy-ka (Hollywood) - MMM Thai Noodle Soup