I had my eyes on the thighs the other day. And by that, I mean my own at the gym. Due to a foot injury this month I haven't been able to do as much cardio so I've been hitting the weights a lot lately. Leg day has been in circulation within my program a bit and I'm noticing some nice strength gains. That being said, I need to incorporate some more protein in my day and definitely had to meal prep this week.
- In a skillet, heat the butter. Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the roasted red peppers and olives, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add the chopped garlic, right before you're done so as to not to overcook it. Transfer the veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour and salt. In another bowl, prepare the egg wash. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in the egg wash.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the other 2 tbs of butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken, top with Parmesan cheese and cook about 10 minutes longer.
- Top with roasted red pepper, onion, garlic and olive mixture.
- Serve with rice or quinoa or another side of your choosing