Taco Tuesdays took on a whole new look in this house. How have I never Beer Battered Tofu before!? It's so delicious. I was hankering for something new with a kick, and these tacos hit the spot. High in protein, really fresh and crisp (not soggy at all), garnished with avocado and hatch chili salsa.
Tofu Taco Tuesday!
- Slice the tofu block into strips.
- Whisk the flour, beer, garlic powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Coat a large pan with the oil. It should be about a 1/4-inch deep. Keep the pan on medium to high heat.
- Dip the tofu strips into the batter to coat, then place the tofu in the pan, leaving room between strips. Cook until the tofu is slightly browned and crispy on each side. I use tongs to flip the pieces over after about 3 minutes on each side. When done, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to blot and catch any extra oil.
- Place the tofu strips in your taco shells and garnish to taste with lettuce, salsa and avocado!