Over 759 beard trimmer models by 52 brands. That’s the number of options you have today. So choosing the best Beard Trimmer for your needs may be confusing. In this review, we will show you the top 7 beard trimmers of the year to make your choice easier. Each of these trimmers can make your grooming process smooth and joyful.
But before we dive deeper into the review of top beard trimmers of this year, take a look at the most desirable trimmers as a Christmas Gift for men this year (click the orange button to see the details, it will open in new tab so you will be able to continue reading the review.)
The Most Wished For Beard Trimmers in November 2018
Remington All-in-One Grooming Kit (PG6025)
- Amazing 8-pieces Kit at Super-Affordable Price.
- Price: See Here
Philips Norelco Multi Groomer MG7750
- Total Versatility. Unbeatable Precision.
- Price: See Here
Panasonic Milano All-in-One Trimmer (ER-GB40-S)
- The powerful, versatile trimmer with durable, super-sharp blades.
- Price: See Here
Beard trimmers help you to shave and “man-scape” as you need. These grooming tools allow you to trim your hairs at various lengths. You can properly adjust according to the style you are going for.
Choosing the right beard trimmer for you is nice and easy. All you have to do is think of the look you have in mind and that you are going for when it comes to your beard and hairstyles and then think of what types of trimmer is required to help you get there. From that point, you can pursue through the best-selling beard trimmers on the market to find the perfect one for you!
In fact, let’s begin by taking a look at the top seven beard trimmers to help you find the best one for your needs.
7 Best Beard Trimmers for Men to Buy in 2018
- Panasonic ER-GB370K
- Remington PG6171
- Braun BT3040
- Philips Norelco 3500
- Philips Norelco 7200
- Philips Norelco 3000
- Panasonic ER-GB40-S
1. Panasonic ER-GB370K Electric Beard Trimmer
- Uses durable, ultra-sharp trimmer blades that are precision honed to a 45 Degree angle for superior performance.
- A quick adjust dial provides 19 individual trim settings in 0.5 mm increments from 1mm to 10mm for smooth, precise trimming, detailing and cutting.
- Lightweight, ergonomic design with rubberized grip for total comfort and control
- Trim hair dry or in the shower; the waterproof beard trimmer is 100% washable and the trimmer head rinses clean in seconds under warm running water.
The Panasonic ER-GB370K is an electric beard and hair trimmer that utilizes durable and ultra-sharp trimming blades to help you maximize your shave. The blades are precision honed down to a 45-degree angle which increases the performance of your trimmer and increasing the value of your shave.
This trimmer is unique with its quick adjust dial that is able to provide you with 19 different and individual trim settings spaced out at 0.5 mm increments. The adjustments are able to give you shaves and trim anywhere from 1 mm to 10 mm, making this device great for multiple uses and purposes, no matter your hair length.
This trimmer is able to be used both wet and dry, so you can use it in the shower or while looking in the mirror. No matter how you like to prefer shaving, you can do so with this shaver.
- Most Length Settings
- Cordless Only
- Very close shave (without the combs)
- 100% Waterproof
- The battery life is not very long
- 15 hours full-charge time
2. Remington PG6171 Beard Trimmer
- 11 piece kit has self-sharpening stainless steel cutting blades so you can manage all of your facial trimming needs
- 3-hour runtime-the power of lithium delivers long-lasting, consistent, high-performance cordless cutting for the duration of the runtime
- 5-minute quick charge saves you time in a pinch, providing power for one full shave
- 100% Waterproof- you can trim up in the shower if that’s your style, plus, it’s incredibly easy to clean
The Remington PG6171 is a master kit that provides you with all the pieces you need (and more) for perfecting your shaving experience.
This complete kit features 11 essential pieces to present you with all tools and equipment you might think of needing. The blades on the trimmer are self-sharpening. So you won’t have to worry about sharpening them yourself.
The trimmer itself has a 3-hour operation runtime, allowing it to deliver long-lasting durability while still maintaining a high performance throughout its entire operation. Plus, if you need a quick boost, the 5-minute quick charge is able to save you precious time. This charge gives you enough power for a full shave in just a matter of minutes.
Additionally, the entire kit is 100% waterproof, making it more practical and efficient for your daily use.
- Very affordable
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades
- 5-minute quick charge
- 100% Waterproof
- Some adjustments are useless for some users
3. Braun BT3040 Beard Trimmer
- 39 precision length settings in 0.5mm steps provide precise results no matter your beard style
- 2 combs, from 0.5 to 20mm, provide flexibility and 100% control of your style. This also comes with a Gillette Flexball Razor
- The ultimate precision with a lifetime lasting sharp blades. The Braun beard trimmer automatically adapts to any voltage between 100V and 240V
- Lifetime-lasting power – 60 minutes of precision trimming from an 8-hour charge
The Braun BT3040 helps you to get the perfect beard fast and precisely.
From the world’s #1 leading foil shaver brand, this beard trimmer has 20 different precision length settings at increments from 0.5 mm to 10 mm. Lifetime warranty guarantees that blades will stay sharp throughout your entire use of the device.
This trimmer has a head and comb that are both fully washable, allowing for quick and easy cleaning under any temperature of running water.
- 100% water proof
- Self-sharpening blades
- Short chargw time
- A bit bulky
4. Philips Norelco 3500
- Self-sharpening titanium blades to cut each hair perfectly
- 20 built-in precision lengths settings from 1/32 inch (0.5mm) to 13/32 inch (10mm), easily adjustable and lock in with the trimmer’s zoom wheel
- Advanced lithium-ion battery delivers up to 120 minutes runtime after a 1-hour charge
- Washable heads for easy cleaning
- Beard comb for a skin-friendly trim
The Philips Norelco Series 3500 has standard titanium blades that are self-sharpening, working to continue cutting every single one of your hairs just as you had intended.
There are 20 different built-in precision lengths thanks to a zoom wheel that allows you to quickly go from one length to another with just a spin of the wheel. The lengths you can choose from are 1/32 inch or 0.5 mm to 13/32 inch or 10 mm.
Plus, with its advanced lithium battery, you can enjoy 2 hours of shaving on a single 1-hour charge.
A beard comb is included with this trimmer so you can have the complete package all in one.
- One of the best beard trimmers in the low-price segment
- Self-sharpening blades
- 2-hour battery life on one-hour charge
- No significant downsides
5. Philips Norelco 7215
- The integrated vacuum system catches up to 90% of cut hair for less mess.
- The high-velocity motor and fan system creates powerful suction to lift and capture hairs
- With innovative lift & trim technology, the trimmer effectively lifts and guides hairs for a more efficient cut
- The self-sharpening steel blades are designed to effectively cut each hair perfectly, preventing skin irritation, and are double sharpened to cut more hairs in every pass for faster trimming
The Philips Norelco Series 7200 has a world-class vacuum system integrated into the trimmer itself which allows the device to catch up to 90 percent of the hairs that were cut. This gives you less of a mess to worry about cleaning up. There is a high-velocity motor in the trimmer that creates the powerful suction to collect all your snips.
Additionally, this trimmer features one-of-a-kind lift and trim technology where the trimmer lifts guided hairs, creating a more effective and efficient cut. This trimmer includes self-sharpening steel blades to help you get the perfect shave for years to come.
- Intergrated vacuum system
- Self-sharpening blades
- Detail trimming may be a bit difficult due to vacuum area.
6. Philips Norelco 3750
- 13 pieces for all of your grooming needs: Beard and stubble trimming and maintenance, precision trimmer allows exact placement for sharp lines, nose and ear trimmer taking care of unwanted hairs
- DualCut technology: 2x more self-sharpening blades. The steel blades sharpen themselves as they work, resulting in blades that remain as sharp as new after 2 years of use
- Easily clean blades and guards by detaching from a handle and rinsing under water
Philips Norelco 3750 is the best selling trimmer, coming from the world’s best trimmer brand.
This trimmer itself offers DualCut technology which means there are twice as many blades as a standard trimmer gives, helping you get an even better shave than usual. During operation, these blades brush up against one another to sharpen themselves throughout each use. Even after years of use, the blades will still be sharp!
Even more, you will enjoy the 60 minutes of extended use that is granted per one singular charge.
- Long battery life
- 13 attachments for different beard styles
- Self-sharpening blades
- May require some practice due to its light weight
7. Panasonic ER-GB40-S
- The award-winning Panasonic Milano series ER-GB40-S Hair & Body Trimmer uses durable, super-sharp 45° angle stainless-steel blades to create the optimal cutting edge for quick, efficient hair, mustache and beard trimming.
- Quick-adjust electric trimmer dial provides 19 precision settings for hair and beard trimming, sculpting, cutting and detailing.
- Lightweight men’s trimmer design includes a rubberized grip for maximum comfort and control; clean the electric beard trimmer in seconds under running water with easy-open water drain.
Last but not least, the Panasonic ER-GB40-S 19 has sharp stainless steel blades held at a 45-degree angle to create the perfect cutting edge and surface for your best shave yet. This feature doesn’t depend on if you are trimming your hair, beard, or mustache. This trimmer is able to be used either wet or dry and is fully washable.
Complete on this trimmer as well as a quick-adjust dial which provides you with 19 different precision settings for all of your various trimming requirements. This device fits great in the comfort of your hand thanks to its ergonomic design with flexible rubber grip. This gives you ease of use throughout every shave.
- Ergonomic comfortable grip
- Up to 1.5 hours of work on one charge
- Easy to clean the blades
- Full charge may take 12-15 hours
All of these beard trimmers will give you a new shaving experience that you haven’t been able to enjoy yet. If you are looking to improve your shaves and your style, then one of these seven trimmers will provide you with your fulfilled shaving dreams.
Take a look and see which one will fit your style today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Beards
How Do Beard Trimmers Work?
The blades describe an elliptic path as they move, and they meet in one point to provide smooth trimming.
How to Clean a Beard Trimmer?
If you find hair caked inside the trimmer, remove it with clippers. Finish it off with a cotton swab to remove hairs from the crevices of the beard trimmer.
Ideally, you should do some cleaning after every shave, but doing it at least once per week is advisable.
For more details read this tutorial.
How to Sharpen a Beard Trimmer?
Repeat this process between five and six times until the surface looks even and shiny, strike the blade five to six times, and turn it around and repeat the whole process.
More detailed instruction of sharpening a beard trimmer read here.
What’s The Difference Between a Beard Trimmer vs an Electric Shaver?
An electric shaver has spinning blades that get close to the pores. The machine removes hairs from the upper skin pores, so you get a full shave without stubbles. Unfortunately, electric shavers are heavy and bulky, so shaving sensitive parts is difficult.
What’s the Difference Between a Beard Trimmer vs a Body Groomer?
Body groomers are large, and the attachments and adjustments are designed to accommodate body hair. Similarly, they trim body hair without shaving the skin. Some groomers have extensions to remove unwanted hair from hard-to-reach places, such as the back.
Which Beard Trimmer Is Best for Stubble?
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Used for Body Hair?
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Used for Pubic Hair?
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Used to Shave My Head?
Of course! The main differences between beard trimmers and hair clippers are power and blade width. The only real downside is the time it’ll take, but you can still pull it off reliably.
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Used to Shave My Legs?
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Shared?
Can A Beard Trimmer Be Used to Trim Eyebrows?
Can I Take Beard Trimmer in Hand Luggage On Plane?
Which Wahl Beard Trimmer Is the Best?
Which Beard Trimmer Can You Use In The Shower?
Which Beard Trimmer Is the Best for Longer Beards?
Which Beard Trimmer Is Better Braun vs Philips?
Braun’s high-tech beard trimmers are very popular, and one of such models is the Braun 7 790cc. This trimmer was designed with cutting-edge technology to outdo its competitors and boasts three cutting elements and an adaptive shaving motor.
On the other hand, Philip provides simple and functional designs that offer professional grooming to all without sacrificing performance or endurance. Philips’ QT4011/15 is one of their popular models, and it has several length adjustments, self-sharpening blades, and long battery life.
What Is the “Beard Trimmer for Bikini Area”?
Which Beard Trimmer Is the Best for Black Man?
Which Beard Trimmer Is the Best for Travel?
How to Use a Beard Trimmer with Laser Guide?
Which Is the Best Beard Trimmer with Vacuum Hair Catcher?
For example, Philip’s Norelco 7200 catches next to all cut hair thanks to the high-velocity motor and fan system, but this isn’t everything, the trimmer has 20 length settings, self-sharpening steel blades, and long battery life.
What are the most popular beard styles?
There are a lot of beard styles available; each suits its wearer in a unique way. Here are some of the most popular beard styles that will make anyone look cool!
- Mountain Man Beard (Full beard) – This type of beard has been famous for a long time. It was also a favorite of many popular rock stars, including Jon Hamm. All it takes is to let your natural hair grow as much as you want while ensuring that you comb well. It is suited to men who prefer a classic look – and the good thing is, you won’t need to go to a stylist to get one!
- Light or Short Beard – A style that is preferred by the world famous soccer player, David Beckham. It is far easier to maintain than a full beard and the style is ideal for any type of occasion.
- Moustache and Goatee – The classic goatee look is just perfect. Common among various celebrities as well as men in general, this style gives off a clean look and suits people of any complexion.
- Designer Stubble – This style is truly hot. Only a small amount of hair near the chin needs to be grown and kept well trimmed on a daily basis. It gives off a really unique and cool look.
These are only the major types of beards. There are much more others. Read our article to see 18 top beard styles.
How to use a beard trimmer properly?
Follow these easy 4 steps and use a beard trimmer safely and easy:
- Always use a beard trimmer in front of the mirror. This will guarantee a close cut.
- Adjust the trimmer guard to the desired beard length.
- Using slow, smooth strokes begin trimming the beard in an upward direction. Using the trimmer in this direction makes the hair stand up.
- Ensure that the chin line is straight and that the beard is trimmed evenly on both the sides. You can also use a safety razor or straight razor for this.
- Clean up the trimmer, guards, and our bath. Oil the trimmer after the usage.
Beard trimmers offer an extremely versatile way to get the right type of beard that you want.
Best Beard Trimmer Buying Guide
Perhaps you are one of many men who doesn’t know exactly what to look for when buying your first beard trimmer. Here is a brief list of important things to pay attention to in order to get the best electric beard trimmer you can afford.
1. Cord or cordless?
Today cord-only trimmer is not an option. Go completely cordless, or (more budget option) choose a trimmer with both corded and cordless feature? Here’s how to make a decision based on corded, or cordless.
- Be certain to think ahead for business trips. We all know that beards and suits just look awesome together, but unkept beards that just look wild and frizzy make you look a bit weird. If you know that you’re landing and heading straight to a hotel, you’ll be fine with a corded trimmer. However, if you’re landing and going straight from the airport to your task-at-hand, you’ll need a cordless.
- Traveling overseas? If you’re going for a ten-day business or leisure trip, you’re probably going to need to tighten up that shave. You can’t just bring your corded trimmer with you—it’s not going to work. While many airport terminals in other countries have adapter kits, it’s always highway robbery. You’ll do best with a cordless trimmer since most don’t require another charge for up to a month if they’re used on a daily basis.
- Using a cordless trimmer is about ten times better for the environment, and your energy consumption. One charge of your lithium-ion battery lasts you ages, so it’s as if you’re only using your trimmer once per month as far as your electricity bill is concerned.
2. Battery life
In recent years a lot of manufacturers have begun sourcing their batteries from countries and companies whose quality control is, let’s say, questionable to be kind. On the other hand, some manufacturers have embraced the Lithium-ion battery that is generally more dependable, charges faster and hold a charge better than old-fashioned rechargeable batteries. So things seem to be moving in the right direction overall.
3. Ease of maintenance
If at all possible you want an electric trimmer that’s fully waterproof and can be cleaned up by simply holding it under the faucet for a minute. Anything else is a waste of time and money.
4. Build quality
Try to avoid a beard trimmer that is entirely plastic. Look for a trimmer with high-quality, self-sharpening stainless steel blades, a dependable battery and a range of extensions.
5. Buy a trimmer by an established manufacturer
There are dozens of beard trimmer brands these days, many of which you never heard of before. Stick with any of the brand names mentioned in this article (Braun, Philips Norelco, Panasonic, Remington, Wahl) and you should be fine.
If you’re still unsure which electric beard trimmer is right for you, don’t hesitate to ask your barber for advice. They’re familiar with most of the different trimmers on the market and will usually give you a reliable recommendation, or at least tell you in more detail what to look or look out for.
The post Best Beard Trimmer Review 2018 appeared first on Mister Shaver.