Did you know that the No. 4 cause of death for Women each year is a stroke? And did you realize strokes kill more women than men every year?
- One in 5 women will have a stroke.
- About 55,000 more women than men have a stroke each year in the US.
- Stroke is the No. 4 cause of death in women in the US.
- Stroke kills over 80,000 women a year in the US.
There is pretty much nobody who hasn’t woken up in the morning with their mind set on knocking something off their never-ending to-do list or who does not go to sleep at night thinking that perhaps one more thing could have been accomplished that day. This, along with all of the other stressors everyone continuously deals with, could contribute to a heightened Risk of high blood pressure and therefore a higher risk of stroke. Pregnancy, menopause, or simply being a woman may play a role in increasing risk as well.
Critical actions that are typically under our control which could help prevent stress and other risk factors of stroke include:
- MANAGING BLOOD PRESSURE
- MANAGING BLOOD GLUCOSE
- CONTROLLING CHOLESTEROL
- STOPPING SMOKING
- LIMITING ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
- GETTING PLENTY OF SLEEP
- HAVING A WELL-BALANCED DIET
- MONITORING COGNITIVE CHANGES
- MAINTAINING A HEALTHY WEIGHT
This weekend is Mother’s Day. As we celebrate every special, beloved, and cherished woman in our lives this weekend, let’s take the opportunity to talk about how we can encourage our loved ones to be vigilant about their health so everyone can spend many more wonderful occasions together.
Stay safe & be well,
The post Women Have a Higher Risk of Stroke appeared first on BIOLIFE4D.