Dental Implants require professional as well as home care. Below are a few pointers to help you maintain your Dental Implants.
1. If you are experiencing any discomfort or pain in the dental implant area, contact your dentist immediately. Timely care would prevent a minor problem from escalating into a major one.
2. Don’t miss your follow up appointments. Regular examination and professional cleaning as per your dentist’s recommendation can help you maintain your dental implants for prolonged period of time.
3. Smoking is not only detrimental to your overall well being but also for your oral health. Smoking increases the chances of failures for dental implants. Hence, Smoking should be avoided by patients undergoing dental implant therapy.
4. Follow oral hygiene practices such as brushing and flossing twice a day in a way as recommended by your dentist.
5. You may use additional oral hygiene aids such as inter-dental brushes, water flossers or gum stimulators in consultation with your Implantologist.
6. Avoid food products that are sticky or high in sugar content.
7. In case of a removable prosthesis, take it out of your mouth and clean it with a soft brush inside-out. Also clean the dental implant abutment area with a dental floss.
8. In case of a fixed prosthesis, you may brush and floss as you would normally do with your natural teeth.
If properly maintained, dental implants can be a lifetime investment in your smile.
If you wish to learn more about dental implants, visit us at – www.drmayurkhairnar.com
The post All you need to know about caring for your dental implants appeared first on Dr. Mayur Khairnar.