Prescription Medications are the pharmaceutical Drugs that require a medical prescription from a doctor. Prescription medications are used to treat chronic pain, depression, anxiety and sleeping disorders, etc. Many people continue using prescription drugs without even noticing that they are experiencing adverse reactions.
You are the one who has to notice if there is any problem with your prescription medication. Usage of such drugs only worsen the existing problems and may cause new problems to crop up, including feeling of helplessness, isolation, shame, etc.
Here are a few things to look for if you’re going to take a new medication.
- Excessive Drowsiness
- Loss Of Appetite
- Muscle Weakness
- Changes In Speech
- Loss Of Memory
- Falls And Fractures, etc.
If you notice any of the above problems, bring it to your doctor’s attention immediately.
An individual taking prescription medication can experience these problems:
1. Unnecessary Medication –This situation occurs when a Patient is taking a medication that is not appropriate for their current medical problems. Patients exposed to unnecessary medications may experience adverse side effects. The cost of unnecessary medications is also a consideration, especially for the people who have limited income. Patients, for whom money is the concern, can use WiseRx discount cards to save on their prescription medication.
2. High Dosage – This is one of the most common medication related problem. It usually occurs when dose of medication prescribed to a patient is more than the required amount. It usually occurs in the case of older people. Usually older people experience prescription problems because of the physical changes of aging.
3. Low Dosage – It occurs when a patient is prescribed with a low dose of medication for a particular medical condition. The benefits of medicine are minimal or may result in unpleasant effects, if the dose is too low. Increasing dosage or adjusting intervals of dosage can improve the results.
4. Wrong Medication – If a patient is not experiencing the positive possible results then chances are that a patient is prescribed with a wrong medication. Consult with the doctor immediately.
5. Drug reaction – This situation occurs when a patient is taking a medicine that is unsafe and resulting in various allergies. An allergic reaction can occur due to interaction of drugs with food or other drugs, or incorrect dosage. The doctor must be aware of all the drug that patient is taking before prescribing any new drug. So tell your doctor about all the drugs that you’re taking or having any allergy from.
6. Missed Medication – This situation occurs when a patient observes some negative consequences of medication and misses the dose. They skip the drug without understanding their probable adverse effects. Don’t skip your dose without consulting with your doctor.
Sometimes people skip their dose due to medicines higher cost. Most of the people can’t afford expensive medications every time, due to which they start skipping their doses to prolong their medication. If money is the concern, they can choose generic drugs rather than brand-name drugs or they can prefer to choose Wise RX discount card to get discount on their prescription medication.
The post Prescription Medication Problems: What to Look For? appeared first on WiseRX.