Hair transplant refers to surgical Hair restoration process in which healthy, balding resistant hair follicles are moved from an area of thick hair growth to an area where hair growth is required to enhance the overall hair density. Two techniques are most commonly used hair transplantation techniques are Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The latter is a relatively newer technique and is preferred over the former because hair loss patients don’t want to live with a telltale scar that comes inevitably with strip method transplant.
FUE Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi has also gained tremendous popularity over the last few years for its minimally invasive nature. The procedure is performed by a hair transplant surgeon in a hair restoration clinic with local anesthesia. The surgery usually takes 4 to 8 hours, depending upon the number of grafts transplanted. Here are some significant features of Fue Hair Transplant that will help you understand the procedure in a better way.
Pros of FUE Hair Transplant:
- It is a popular surgery that is used for hair restoration in patients who have lost their hair permanently.
- It does not involve cutting or stitching of the scalp, instead the donor grafts are extracted individually using a specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 0.1mm.
- The surgery is performed on outpatient basis. So, the patients are free to go home right after the treatment.
- It offers minimal intervention on your scalp tissues; therefore recovery after surgery is quick.
- It uses balding resistant hair follicles so hair growth that you experience after surgery is permanent.
- Transplanted hairs are just like your natural hair in every aspect and do not need any special care or maintenance.
- It involves simple pre- and post-op measures. Most patients are up and back to work by the third day post FUE Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi.
- It is a onetime surgery which does not need follow-up treatments. It gives permanent hair that last for the rest of the life.
- It does not require downtime of several days. You can resume most of your non-strenuous routine activities from the next day.
- FUE hair transplant can also be used for Facial Hair Transplant and Body Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi. It is also used for growing hair on a scar to improve appearance of scars.
Cons of FUE Hair Transplant:
FUE hair transplant is no doubt a more advanced procedure that has allowed surgeons to overcome a number of flaws that the traditional strip method transplant has. But this does not mean that this modern technique is free of faults. It also has some flaws, such as
- There is a greater chance of graft damage in case of FUE harvesting than strip transplant.
- FUE Hair Transplant needs highly skilled and expert hands for successful execution. Not every hair transplant surgeon can successfully perform FUE Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi
- FUE hair transplant costs more than FUT because it needs more effort and experience of surgeon.
- Transplanting a large number of grafts may need multiple sessions.
FUE hair transplant is a favorite choice of those who do not want to have stitches or live the rest of their life with a long linear scar after hair restoration. Sometimes surgeons prefer performing a hair transplant using both the methods. Discuss with your surgeon which method will be better for you and your own research as well before finalizing your course of hair loss treatment.
To know more about FUE Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi, schedule a FREE CONSULTATION by filling the form below and let our experts guide you.