You should take proper care of your hands.You can get soft hands naturally by using the below mentioned home remedies.
The expression of “24X7 availability” is very true for one part of our body and that is our hands. Our hands are used by us all day.Let it be any simple tasks such as talking, eating, bathing, etc., we always use our hands.
Often we forget to take care of our hands amidst all this hark work. Being one of the important and delicate parts of our body, it requires good care. Otherwise, you might get dry, rough and hard hands.
Many of us genetically have very soft hands, but some people don’t. Those people who have soft hands lose it as they grow up because they fail to take good care of it.
There are various reasons of dry and rough hands
- Dry air
- Cold and dry weather
- Low humidity
- Sun exposure
- Washing hands frequently or keeping hands immersed in water for a long time
- Dealing with harmful chemicals with bare hands
- Swimming in chlorinated pools
- Using strong soap bars to wash hands
- Improper care of hands
- Inadequate moisturizing of hands
- Skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema etc.
- Allergy affecting hands
- Some medications also cause dry hands.
We all love soft hands which can be a delight to touch and feel. This is why we bring you some easy homemade remedies to bring your hands back the softness which you loved.
21 HOMEMADE REMEDIES TO GET SOFT HANDS:
1.Olive oil and Sugar:
Olive oil cures the next layer of the skin known as dermis and helps in trapping moisture. Sugar is an exfoliating agent which helps in removing old cells and helps in growth of new cells.
- Take some amount of olive oil in a bowl and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.
- Crush the sugar to some extent.
- Take the mixture in your hands and massage yourself for 30 seconds in a circular motion.
- Take rest and again massage it.
- Wash your hands with lukewarm water.
2.Olive oil and Oatmeal:
Olive oil contains saturated fat which helps in retention of moisture. Oatmeal is a natural exfoliating agent which helps to protect dry and rough skin. The protein present in oatmeal helps to prevent excessive water and helps to retain moisture.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of oatmeal in olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on your hands and massage it well.
- Wash it with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.
- Perform thrice a week.
3.Glycerin, rose water and lemon:
Glycerin is a moisture trapping agent and rose water is a type of essential oil which softens our hands. Lemon is a very good exfoliating agent
- Squeeze out the juice of 2 lemons.
- Take some amount of glycerin and rose oil and mix with juice.
- Apply evenly all over your hands and let it dry. Then wash it.
- Apply twice a day.
4.Egg Yolk, Honey and Almond Powder:
Egg yolk was a known ingredient for strengthening your hair. It is also an ingredient which makes your hands soft by strengthening the skin surrounding it.
Honey is a natural exfoliating agent and almond powder is a nutritional powder which is packed with polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Mix one egg yolk with one spoon of honey, almond power, and rose water.
- This will give the mixture a lotion-like appearance and apply it once before sleeping every day at night will give you soft hands.
- Wash it after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
5.Butter and Almond Oil:
Butter and almond oil both have fatty acids which help in the trapping of moisture. Additionally, almond oil also has vitamin E which helps in reducing aging problems.
- Take two teaspoons of butter and one tablespoon of almond oil.
- Apply it on your hands carefully.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once every day.
6.Lemon and Sugar:
Lemon contains Vitamin C which helps in growth of new skin cells and helps as an exfoliating scrub and helps get rid of tan. Sugar is also an exfoliating scrub.
- Cut one lemon in half and add crushed sugar on the juicing side of the lemon.
- Rub it in a circular motion on the palm of your hands for some time and wash it off with lemon water.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
7.Honey and Sugar:
This mixture is a great remedy for exfoliation as well as softening.
- Take honey and sugar and keep massaging your palm.
- Do it till all the sugar dissolves.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
Petroleum jelly is filled with a gelatinous substance which makes it hard for the moisture to escape. Applying it after every time you wash your hands daily will soon give you softer hands.
9.Gram flour and curd:
Gram flour is a great remedy for a good cleansing and curd makes hand soft.
- Make a fine paste of gram flour and curd in a mixture.
- Apply it all over your hands in a thick layer.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and keep massaging.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Always make a fresh paste.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week.
Glycerin is a natural ingredient to trap moisture.
- Mix glycerin in the ratio of 2:1 with plain water or rose water.
- Apply it on the hand evenly.
- Repeat twice a day preferably before sleeping at night and after a bath in the morning.
Spread coconut oil evenly on your palm before sleeping. You will notice the difference early in the morning.
12.Lemon juice, honey, and baking powder:
The citric acid in lemons helps in lightening the dark spots on the skin and the antioxidants in honey lowers the aging problems. Baking soda exfoliates the dead cells to bring about the natural glow.
- Mix lemon juice, honey and baking powder in a blender.
- Apply the mixture on your hands by massaging for a minute.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands with light lukewarm water without soap.
- Repeat at least 2 times a week.
13.Tomato juice, lemon juice, and glycerin:
Tomato contains anti-oxidants which revive up our skin. It also serves as natural bleach.
- Make a solution of glycerin, tomato juice, and lemon juice.
- Apply it evenly on both your hands directly. If you feel any itching sensation, dilute with rose water and apply with cotton balls.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after drying.
Milk cream is such an ingredient which contains fat which is a moisture retention agent. It has lactic acid which helps in exfoliation and also maintains skin’s pH level.
- Spoon out some fresh milk fat and apply it evenly on your hands.
- Alternatively, you can also add gram flour in it for more exfoliation and scrubbing.
- Keep for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily.
Aloe Vera contains moisturizing properties that help to trap moisture on the dry and rough skin. It also forms a protective layer on the skin and improves the skin tone.
- Cut a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and remove the gel-like substance which oozes out.
- Apply the gel on your hands and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Let it settle for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 1 or 2 times daily.
Yogurt is a natural hydrating agent which helps in combattingdry and rough hands. The lactic acid in yogurt is like a natural cleanser and exfoliating agent to remove dead skin cells.
- Apply a spoon of fresh plain yogurt on your hands and gently massage for 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- You can repeat this daily or on every alternative day.
- You can also mix 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt and enough gram flour, to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your hands and allow it to dry on its own.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week.
An overripe banana is another very useful home remedy for dry and rough skin, due to its moisturizing properties. It also helps treat wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- Smash 1 overripe banana into a thick paste and apply it on your hands.
- Keep it undisturbed for about 30 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Apply moisturizer.
- You can also mash half of an overripe banana, and add a little honey and olive oil, and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your hands. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- First,wash it off with lukewarm water, then with cold water to lock in moisture.
- You can use either of these remedies at least once a week.
Avocado contains vitamins A, C, and E as well as monounsaturated fats that help get rid of dry skin. They make your hands look young by reducing the appearance of sagging skin.
- Mix the pulp of half a ripe avocado and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this paste on your hands. Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Do this several times a week.
- You can also use avocado oil to massage your hands once daily before taking a bath.
19.Apple Cider Vinegar:
If your hands are dry and have cracked skin on it, you can use apple cider vinegar to heal it as well as soften it. Vinegar helps to maintain the pH balance of your skin. This also helps to retain the moisture. It also exfoliates skin to help remove rough dead skin cells to give you softer hands.
You will require-Apple cider vinegar, Olive oil, and lukewarm water
- Take a large bowl to soak your hands.
- Pour all the ingredients mentioned in this bowl.
- Keep your hands in this solution for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now pat your hands dry and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week.
20.Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin E oil contains antioxidants and it moisturizes your hands which help to give you softer skin and also helps to fill up the fissures. It heals cracked hands effectively. Vitamin E oil helps rejuvenate your skin and heals the ruptured skin of your hands.
You will require- Vitamin E oil. You can also use a vitamin E capsule.
- You can squeeze the oil from Vitamin E from the capsules.
- Massage the oil on your hands for few minutes till it fully absorbed into your skin.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day.
21.Make Homemade Lotion:
Wouldn’t it great if you could make your own homemade lotion and save from buying those expensive cosmetics! This lotion will be more effective because it will be all natural ingredients for this homemade hand lotion and you can save yourself from using chemical filled hand creams that might increase your problem of dry skin on hands.
You will require
- Coconut oil
- Sweet almond oil/ olive oil/ peanut oil
- Cocoa/ Shea/ jojoba butter
- Aloe Vera gel
- Any essential oil
- Vitamin E oil.
- Combine coconut and the other oil of your choice along with the butter.Add the beeswax also to the above ingredients.
- With the help of microwave oven, heat the mixture. Keep the heat setting on low or medium.
- When all the ingredients melt down, remove the mixture from heating medium.Add honey and aloe vera gel to the solution.
- Add the vitamin E oil.Stir the mixture well.
- Let it cool down to the room temperature.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator so that it gets frozen.
- Take it out and using a blender, whip the lotion for about 5 minutes.
- Pour it into a vessel with a cover.
- Cover the vessel with the lid and leave it to get solid.
- Use it 1-2 times a day to get soft hands.
- Don’t miss applying it on your hands before going to bed at night.
- Store your homemade hand lotion in the refrigerator.
Some Additional Tips To Keep Your Hands Soft
- Avoid using rough soaps to wash your hands.
- Do not use drying machines to dry your wet hands. Try to pat dry your hands with tissue paper or a soft towel.
- Wear cotton gloves or plastic gloves when you are doing household or gardening work. This will save your hands from damage.
- Try to exfoliate your hands once or twice a week to get rid of dead and dull skin cells.
- Use a humidifier or warm gloves in the winter to help prevent dry and rough hands.
- When working out in the gym with dumbbells and other weights, wear gloves to avoid hard skin eruptions like calluses that cause rough skin.
- Before going to bed always apply some moisturizer and wear gloves overnight during winter.
- Eat foods high in vitamins and nutrients which will give your skin a natural glow.
- Drink 2-3 liters water to keep your skin as well as body hydrated.
- Gently massage your fingers, palms and all over your hands for 10 minutes daily to improve blood circulation.
- To protect the skin on your hands from harmful UV sun rays, apply sunscreen and reapply after washing your hands. Do not leave the house during day time without sunscreen.
- Wear gloves while riding a bike or scooter.
- Do not wash your hands with water that is too hot or too cold.
After reading I’m sure you know what you are going to do as soon as your switch of the computer. So get ready to embrace those soft hands!
The post How To Get Soft Hands Naturally At Home appeared first on MavCure.