Lacrisert Insert is used for:
Treating moderate to severe dry eye conditions, especially in patients who do not respond to other medicines. It is also used to treat other eye conditions, including corneal inflammation exposure, decreased corneal sensitivity, and repeated corneal exposures.
Lacrisert Insert is an eye lubricant. It works by providing tear-like lubrication for relief of dry eyes and eye irritation.
Some medical conditions may interact with Lacrisert Insert. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
* if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
* if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
* if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Lacrisert Insert. Because little, if any, of Lacrisert Insert is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Lacrisert Insert may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Use Lacrisert Insert as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Before leaving the doctor's office, you should practice inserting and removing Lacrisert Insert until you are able to do it correctly.
* Do not rub your eyes while the insert is in place.
* If the insert is dislodged or expelled, it may be removed and another insert put into place.
* If you miss a dose of Lacrisert Insert, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lacrisert Insert.
* Lacrisert Insert may cause blurred vision. Use Lacrisert Insert with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
* It may take several weeks for Lacrisert Insert to fully work.
* If Lacrisert Insert causes a worsening of symptoms, inspect your eye to make sure this insert is in its proper location. If symptoms persist, remove the insert and contact your doctor.
* PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Lacrisert Insert while you are pregnant. It is not known if Lacrisert Insert is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Lacrisert Insert, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Store Lacrisert Insert at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Lacrisert Insert out of the reach of children and away from pets.