Do you currently experience symptoms of Chronic Pain because of a medical condition or disease? Living with chronic pain can be difficult for people who have no relief options available. Chronic pain can lead to increased hospitalization, diminished quality of life, and even depression. But you don’t have to live with chronic pain without an effective treatment method. Here are 10 facts about chronic pain you should know.
Don’t let chronic pain run your life. Fight back and get the pain relief you deserve with our exclusive offer!
- Approximately 17.6 percent of American adults suffer from “severe levels” of pain
- Pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined
- Pain is the most common reason people access healthcare options
- 1 in 4 people have suffered from pain lasting longer than 24 hours
- Chronic pain is the #1 cause of long-term disability in America
- Pain can be a chronic disease and can occur with other diseases and conditions such as depression, traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress
- Recent research report more than 1.5 billion people worldwide suffer from pain
- The total annual cost of healthcare due to pain ranges from $560 billion to $635 billion in America
- Approximately 42 million people report pain disrupts their sleep
- Back pain is the #1 cause of disability in Americans under 45 years of age. Over 26 million Americans between the ages of 20-64 experience continual back pain
Source: National Institutes of Health (NIH), the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and the Institute of Medicine of The National Academies (IOM)
The post Chronic Pain Statistics You Should Know appeared first on Chronic Pain Daily.