Purification of human Body in Ayurved
Toxins are any substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. Detox is a process to clear their body of toxins. Regular body cleanses and detoxes are a core principle of health and healing.
The three classical month for this purification/cleaning routine of body are April, October and July in every year. Some best herbs and regimens for detoxifying the body-
1. Acacia Catechu (Kharidra) is the best for blood.Take along with Betel Leaf. Also used in case of diabetes.
2. Achryanthes Aspera (Apamarga) is the best for the elimination of phlegm from the head. The root is also inhaled in case of sinusitis.
3. Aconitum Heterophyllum (Ativisa) is the best for causing Astringent effect (the contraction of skin cells and other body tissues).
4. Albizia Lebbeck (Sirisa) is the best anti-toxic medicine.
5. Alkalies cause impotency. Though Alkalis promote digestion, but don’t use too long.
6. Barley is the best to increase faeces.
7. Buffalo Milk is the best for producing sleep.
8. Butter and Purgation (evacuation of the bowels brought about by taking laxative) are the best to alleviate Pitta.
9. Callicarpa Macrophylla (Priyangu) is the best drug for stopping excessive menstrual bleeding.
10. Camel Milk is the best for curing water accumulation in abdomen and cirrhosis of liver.
11. Cassia Fistula (Aragvadha) is the best laxative. It is suitable even for pregnant women.
12. Celibacy is the best for long life.
13. Cock’s Meat (not Chicken) is the best to promote strength.
14. Cow Milk is the healthiest milk.
15. Cyperus Rotundus (Musta) is the best to stop diarrhea (small nodules at roots).
16. Emblica Officinalis (Amalaka) is the best rejuvenator.
17. Exercise is the best to bring sturdiness of the body. Yogic Exercise also brings flexibility of the spine.
18. Fomentation (Sauna Bath, Warm Salt over Body etc.) is the best cause tenderness.
19. Gote Milk is the best for tuberculosis and bleeding.
20. Black/Chebulic Myrobalan - Terminalia chebula (Haritiki) is the best having wholesome effect.
21. Hollarhena Antidysenterica (Kutaja) is the best for fever and chronic diarrhea and dysentery.
22. Honey and Emesis (the action or process of vomiting) are the best to alleviate Kapha.
23. Inula Racemosa (Puskaramola) is the best for asthma.
24. Meat is the best nourishing but not necessary for people who are already nourished. Be careful with over nourishment.
25. Meat soup is the best for refreshing.
26. Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) is good for teething babies.
27. Old Ghee (more than five year old) is the best for insanity.
28. Operculina Turpethum (Trivrt) is the best as a painless purgative which purifies.
29. Pluchea Lanc (Rasna) is the best to alleviate Vayu.
30. Plumbago Zeylanica (Chitrak) root is the best digestive.
31. Randia Dumetorum (Madana) is the best for Emesis.
32. Ricinus Communis (Eranda) is the best to alleviate rheumatism.
33. Salt is the best to cause deliciousness of food.
34. Sesame Oil and Enema (a procedure in which liquid or gas is injected into the rectum, to expel its contents) are the best to alleviate Vayu.
35. Tribulus Terrestris (Goksura) is the best for urinary disorders and burning micturition.
36. Water is the best for producing soothing effect.
37. Wine is the best to dispel fatigue.
38. Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) is the best for chronic indigestion (with rock salt, five minute before meal).