Kissing is an important way for us to express our love.However,sometimes strong kissing may leave a mark on your skin.Although the marks heal with time,it can be quite embarrassing and annoying.This article show you 18 natural solutions to get rid of a hickey fast.
A hickey, also known as kiss mark or love bite, is a kind of bruise caused by hard sucking, kissing or biting on the soft skin. This is the result of broken capillaries of the Skin that allow blood to seep out into the surrounding tissue. The blood clot will turn blue or dark brown because of the lack of oxygen. You can clearly observe this mark on the external skin. It usually appear around the neck or arm.
The Hickey mark is not a permanent mark. It may disappear on its own and does not leave a scar. The hickey usually last for 1-2 weeks. However, This is also related to your personal health and severity of the hickeys. Sometimes the recovery time will be longer due to some parts of the body is not easy to recover.
How do Hickeys look like ?
- It is a sign of aggressive and passionate lovers.
- The hickey may look flaming red in the beginning, but it would slowly turn into purple if the biting and sucking are more intense.
- The mark does not hurt but it can be embarrassing.
18 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Getting rid of the tricks on your neck is not easy.We’ve collected the most effective methods to help you get rid of a hickey fast.
1. Cold Compress
Cold Compress is best method to treat Hickey like any other bruise. It can constrict the broken blood capillaries and slow down the flow of blood the affect area. This help reduce the size of the hickey and prevent the swelling of the skin.
You can wrap some frozen ice cubes in a towel and put it on the Hickey for 10-20 minutes. Repeat this process three or more times a day. Don’t apply ice directly on your skin as it may result in a burn. This method is not suitable for patients with asthma, because the cold may trigger asthma.
If you do not have ice cubes or towel, You can use a cold spoon instead.
Place the spoon in the refrigerator for about 10 – 15 minutes. Then apply the outer portion of the spoon on the affected area of the skin. Do this until the spoon feels warm. You may place more than one spoon so that you can use them simultaneously.
Note that this remedy is most effective when the hickey is still new as this can prevent the coagulation of the blood from happening.
Massaging may be the quickest way to get rid of Hickies. Massaging the hickey can help break down the clot and increase the blood flow.You may find the color of the hickey fade slowly. Depending on the size or severity of the condition, this technique will help you eliminate the mark fast. It is also ideal for hickey that is two days old.
Place a small warm cloth or towel on the Hickey for 3-5 minutes. When the area is heated,remove the hot cloth Immediately and massage with your two fingers from the center to the outer edges. You can do this 2-3 times a day to remove the hickey quickly.
You can also use essential oil to massage the hickey.
Put a drop of coconut, almond or cocoa oil on your fingertips. Then massage the area gently for a few minutes to enhance blood circulation. Repeat this treatment 2 to 3 times a day to accelerate the healing process.
3. Warm Compress
Who says that you only need to apply ice to get rid of the hickey fast? You can also use warm compress to improve the blood flow. Warm compress is a great method to treat hickeys that you have had for days already.
Heat can help the skin absorb the clot to clear the discoloration. Just remember never to work with a temperature that you cannot bear. Otherwise,you may burn your skin.
- Dip a clean cloth in hot water.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and apply it to the affected areas.
- Leave it on for about five minutes.
- Follow this process two or three times a day.
- If you are short on time, you can use a hair dryer and low or medium heat in the area. Give your skin a gentle massage to promote circulation.
- You can also use a used tea bag to warm the hickey as the tea can help rebuild the dead skin cells.
4. Rubbing the Hickey With a Comb or Toothbrush
Toothbrushes and comb are effective methods when it comes to getting rid of hickeys. They work in the same way as massage. This technique will improve circulation in the area and disperse the blood around the mark.
You can use a stiff brush to make the clotted blood spread to adjacent tissue parts. Keep in mind that you should be gentle when performing this solution to avoid abrasions and inflammation.
- Use either a toothbrush or a comb.
- Apply a little pressure on the hickey as if you are massaging or combing the area.
- Do this treatment for five to 10 minutes.
- Once you are done, apply a cold compress for 10-15 minutes to get a better result.
- Make sure to use a new toothbrush so that it will be more efficient.
- Use a stiff-bristled toothbrush for this. Consider combining this method with massage for faster results.
Note that do not use this method too often as this can lead to the irritation of the skin.
5. Rubbing Alcohol
If you received a hickey a few hours ago, you could use rubbing alcohol to prevent the appearance from getting worse. It has cooling, soothing, and antiseptic properties that can speed up your skin’s healing process. It can also relieve soreness and itchiness.
- Dip a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol.
- Apply it on the area for about three minutes.
- Let it dry completely.
- Follow this treatment three or more times a day to reduce the appearance of a hickey.
- Apply moisturizer on the area as rubbing alcohol may cause your skin to become dry.
6. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter works efficiently on hickeys. This natural ingredient is popular for treating bruises, and it is an excellent moisturizer. Applying cocoa butter on your skin will promote the growth and rejuvenation of skin cells.
This can also be effective in promoting the growth of new skin cells that will help the hickey heal faster.
- Apply a warm compress to the affected area.
- Wipe the skin with a warm
- Apply cocoa butter on your skin and massage the area for about five minutes.
- Follow this treatment four to five times to reduce the appearance of a hickey.
Alternatively, you can use almond or olive oil if cocoa butter is not available.
7. Banana Peel
One of the best solutions to minimize your hickey is a banana peel. It has vitamin K, cooling and soothing properties that can inhibit the accumulation of blood and heal the capillaries.
- Cut a banana peel into small pieces.
- Gently rub the inside of a peel on the area for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Follow this treatment 2-3 times a day for noticeable results.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is not only good for the skin and hair, it also helps you get rid of bite or a kiss hickey as soon as possible. This herb is well-known for its ability to treat many types of skin problems, such as dry skin, eczema, acne, burns and broken blood vessels.
It has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which can help reduce the sensitivity of the skin.It can also help the burst capillaries in the skin heal faster.
- Slice an aloe vera leaf and obtain its gel.
- Apply and massage the gel on your hickey.
- Allow the gel to dry completely. There is no need to rinse the area.
- Follow this treatment 2-3 times a day.
If aloe vera plant is not available, you can purchase aloe vera lotions or creams and apply it on the affected area 2-3 times a day for a week.
Peppermint is known to be a stimulant, and this can be effective in improving your blood circulation. It contains cooling and soothing effects that can enhance blood circulation. This will alleviate redness, swelling, and blood clotting.
- Apply a few drops of peppermint oil on the area using a clean cotton ball.
- Let it dry completely.
- If you have sensitive skin, you can dilute it with water, lavender oil, olive oil or coconut oil.
- Follow this treatment two to three times a day to remove the appearance of a hickey.
Another option is to use peppermint toothpaste. Apply it on the area and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with water.You can do this only one time daily.When you have a hickey, you should do this as soon as possible to get the best result.
10. Coin Method
This may sound strange, but the coin method has been effective in treating bruises, bumps, as well as hickeys. It helps by stimulating blood flow and breaking up blood clots to spread it to the surrounding tissues.
- Use your fingers to pull the skin on the opposite side of the area.
- Scrape outwards from the hickey using the edge of any coin.
- You should use adequate pressure to avoid making a wound.
- Your skin will become red, but it will disappear after a few minutes.
- If this method is too painful for you, consider using toothbrush or comb instead.
11. Chamomile Oil
One of the best and quickest ways to get rid of the appearance of hickeys is chamomile oil, thanks to its powerful healing properties. It can penetrate deep into the layers of the skin and reduces irritation, redness, and swelling.
- Mix a few drops of chamomile oil with almond, coconut or olive oil.
- Massage the area with the mixture.
- Let it dry naturally.
- Follow this process three or more times until you are satisfied with the results.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
If it has already been a day or two after you received a hickey, apple cider vinegar may help you remove the mark. This home ingredient helps by increasing blood circulation in the area. It also reabsorbs blood pooling and reduces the appearance of hickeys.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water to dilute it.
- Soak a clean cloth in the solution and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Apply it on the affected areas for about three minutes. Massage your skin gently using the cloth.
- Continue this process for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a day.
13. Witch Hazel
One of the best natural remedies for hickeys is witch hazel. It contracts the skin tissues and alleviates pain, redness, and swelling, thanks to its astringent properties.
- Apply witch hazel on the affected areas using a cotton ball.
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat this treatment three or more times a day to get rid of the mark.
To make this method more useful, you can combine witch hazel with arnica salve or rubbing alcohol.
14. Orange Juice
Orange juice can prevent or reduce the appearance of a hickey. It contains high levels of vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient to rejuvenate your skin. It also provides healing properties that can help in accelerating the healing process of the area.
- Drink orange juice immediately after getting a hickey. For best results, consume fresh orange juice.
- You can also make lemon juice. Other good sources of vitamin C are raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red peppers, and sweet potatoes.
- Alternatively, you can take 500mg of vitamin C 3 times daily to improve your skin.
15. Vitamin K
Vitamin K can help prevent blood clots, making it useful in treating bruises and hickeys. It will also help your body speed up the healing process by reabsorbing pooled blood under your skin.
- Apply a cream or lotion that contains vitamin K 2-3 times daily for a week. This helps in absorbing the blood clot and reduces discoloration.
If in case you have not found a product that is rich in Vitamin K, another option is to eat food products that are rich in this vitamin. Some of the food that you can place in your diet are Spinach,Broccoli,Soybean Oil,Fish Oil and Brown Rice.
The arnica plant is well-known for its ability to alleviate bruising, pain, and swelling. This can help repair the broken capillaries of the skin so that it will heal faster.If the plant is not available, you can get arnica ointment available on pharmacies.
- Just apply to the area where the hickey is.
- Wait for the arnica salve to be applied to the skin.
- This can be done every day until the hickey starts to disappear.
Vinegar is another good solution to get rid of a hickey fast.Vinegar can improve the blood circulation of the skin.
- Mix the vinegar with warm water.
- Rub a clean cloth into the mix.
- Apply it on the affected areas
- Gently massage the affected area to remove the hickey.
18.Hide a Hickey
As you wait for your hickey to fade away, you can try any of these simple methods to hide the mark.
- Wear a collared or turtleneck shirt. Keep in mind that your friends or coworkers may get suspicious if you keep on wearing these shirts for several days. Try to combine it with other methods on how to hide a hickey.
- One of the simplest ways to conceal love bites is by covering it up with a scarf, big jewelry, or bandana. This will draw attention away from your neck while flaring up your outfit.
- If you have long hair, you can easily cover the area by just letting your hair down. This may not give you enough protection especially when it is windy.
- You can also try using powder, foundation or concealer to make it less noticeable. Make sure that you get one that matches your skin tone. Blend it well to make the area look natural.
How to Get Rid of Hickeys Overnight
Some medical method can help you get rid of Hickies much faster. Over-the-counter medications like Excedrin and Aspirin can enhance blood circulation and alleviate pain caused by hickeys. As a result, they can reduce the redness that makes the Hickey less noticeable.
Take an aspirin about twenty four hours after you get the love bite. Aspirin is an anti-coagulant that can thin the clotting blood and make it re-absorbed back into the blood easily. You can take an aspirin before you go to bed,this may help you remove the hiky overnight.
You can also try a laser treatment. Laser can break up the blood cells under your skin and improve the healing process of bruise. You may find the improvements within 3-5 days.
However the laser treatments could be expensive and there are some risks such as redness and uncomfortable.You’d better consult your doctor before making decisions.
How to Prevent a Hickey
Here are some useful tips that can help you accelerate the healing process of hickeys.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin C, such as guava, oranges, and papaya. This vitamin helps in rejuvenating the skin.
- Eat foods that contain vitamin K to help the body reabsorbed accumulated blood. Foods rich in this vitamin include spinach, broccoli, brown rice, cabbage, fish oil, kale, and soybean oil.
- Consider massaging pineapple juice in affected areas. It contains Bromelain that helps in dissolving blood clots.
- Do not rub or scratch your hickeys as it can make it worse and prolong the healing process.
- Instead of discarding, apply used tea bags on the area to reduce the appearance of love bites.
After receiving a hickey or as soon as you notice a bruise, it is essential to act immediately to prevent the mark from becoming very noticeable.Follow any of the best hickey solution mentioned above. They can help you remove the hiky fast.
The post 18 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast appeared first on Natural Remedy Ideas.
This post first appeared on Natural Remedy Ideas-Natural Home Remedies For Life, please read the originial post: here