Do you know that it is very common to get water inside your ears? This may happen more often than you think. It is already common for people to have water inside their ears when people are swimming but even taking a shower or bath can make some people have water inside their ears.
The main reason why it does not happen every time people take a bath or a shower is because of ear wax that prevents fluids from getting inside the ear but there are times when Fluid can get inside the ear and might even get stuck. It can be an uncomfortable feeling to have.
People who have water inside their ears usually report that they feel uncomfortable so they can barely do the tasks that they have to do. At the same time, they have reduced hearing ability and the trapped fluid may cause some pain and irritability.
There are some serious conditions that might develop if water would be left inside the ear for an extended period of time such as the following:
- Hearing Loss
- Inflammation of the Eardrum
- Cyst Formation
There are also instances when the water has progressed from being stuck on the outer ear towards the middle ear. If this happens, the fluid must be removed by the doctor. Still, if you know that the fluid is stuck in the outer ear, there are some home remedies that you can try such as the following:
12 Easy Ways to Get Water Out of Ear Fast
Rely on Gravity
This is the simplest way to remove water from the ears. Lean parallel to the floor, leaving your ear on the side. Shake your head to the side. Be careful do not shake your head toward the opposite ear, as you could push the water even further into your ear canal.Repeat several times until you no longer feel water inside. Use a cotton swab to remove the remaining water.
If you would want it to be faster, you can cup your palm over your ear to create a temporary vacuum that can help remove the water from the ear.Quickly remove your hand and feel the fluid go outside your ear.
White Vinegar and alcohol
There is one common reason why the water does not want to go out is because it has been stuck by the ear wax inside the ear. White vinegar has acid that can help break down the ear wax that is causing the fluid inside the ear to get stuck.This trick can also help prevent the risk of infections.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of alcohol with 1 vinegar (10 ml) and collect between 3 and 4 drops of the mixture.
- Place it in a dropper.
- Slowly drop the drops into your ear canal.
- Wait 30 seconds while gently rubbing the inside.
- Carefully drain it out by tilting your heads towards the ground until such time when you will begin to feel the fluid start to remove.
- Tilt your ear so that the liquid can come out.
Created by the Italian doctor Antonio Maria Valsava, this technique is recognized as one of the best ways to get water out of your ears.
This is a type of procedure that you can do so that your Eustachian tubes will open and will eventually push the fluid to come out of your ears.
- Close your mouth and pinch your ears.
- Start to exhale through your nose but keeping your nose and mouth shut.
- This will allow the air to come out of your ears which will open your Eustachian tubes and release the water.
- You will hear a popping sound if you would be able to do this correctly.
Some people are scared to try this out mainly because they are not sure how this can help.But many say it is a very effective way to remove water from the ear. This will help the liquid dry and evaporate.You’ll only need a hair dryer to complete your task! Set the device to the lowest intensity and heat. Place it at least 30 cm from your ear.This will help prevent burning yourself.
- Hold a dryer about 1 foot away from your affected ear.
- Make sure that you will set the blow dryer to blow warm air in order to let the air penetrate the ear faster.
- Hold the dryer in place while it blows warm air for about half a minute.
- You should quickly feel the water begin to come out of your ear.
- Check to see if the water has disappeared from your ear, if not, you may have to try again.
You have to remember that it is in the Eustachian tubes where the fluid usually gets stuck. This process will allow the Eustachian tubes to open up and release the fluid that might be causing the discomfort that you are feeling on your ear.
- Make sure that you will heat water. If you have a heater, you can use the warm water from the faucet.
- Dip a clean cloth on the warm water and remove the excess water.
- Place the cloth over the ear area for about half a minute.
- You can do this several times until the fluid becomes dislodged from the ear.
When you start gnawing on something, your jawbones will move around and this can of course affect the ears.
- You can chew with your head tilted towards the side of the ear that has water in it.
- You may want to do this until such time when you begin to feel that you do not have fluid stuck inside your ear anymore.
Do you know that steam can be very effective in getting rid of the buildup of fluids inside your ear? You have to remember that steam will help the Eustachian tube become open and this will eventually get rid of the fluids inside the ear.
- Place hot water in a bowl.
- Make sure that you will cover your head with a towel as this will allow the steam not to escape.
- Inhale the steam slowly.
- Do this for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Tilt your head to the side that is affected and feel the fluids start to come out.
Salt is known for its moisture absorption capacity and can be safely used to eliminate water from the ears. The heat will also help get rid of the feelings of discomfort you may be feeling because of the stuck fluid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (10 g) of salt in the microwave.
- Place the salt inside a clean cloth and tie it up.
- Place the cloth with salt near the opening of the ear and leave it there for at least 5 minutes.
- Repeat, if necessary.
Yawning can simply remove the pressure inside your ear because of the fluid that has gotten stuck in it. When you release the tension, this might start to remove water inside your ear already.
- If you feel the need to yawn, make sure that you will do proper yawning so that you will not hurt your jaw.
- You can then begin to feel the Eustachian tubes open especially when you hear a popping sound.
- This will help remove the fluid that might have gotten stuck inside the ear.
If you want to get rid of the fluid inside your ear; this will help remove the fluid effectively. At the same time, olive oil has antiseptic properties that can help reduce the possibility of inflammation inside the ears.
- Make sure to warm olive oil a bit.
- When it is warm enough, use a dropper to place a few drops of olive oil inside the ear.
- Wait for 10 minutes for the olive oil to settle down.
- Turn your head sideways and wait for the olive oil with water to be removed.
- You may use a cotton bud to remove the excess ones.
Hydrogen peroxide has effervescent properties which can eliminate water inside the ears very easily.It is also effective for removing earwax and any other residue that may be inside the ear canal.
- Using a sterilized dropper, insert 4 to 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide into the ear.
- Wait at least two minutes.
- Then tilt the ear to allow the liquid to come out.
Garlic can help effectively remove water from the ear canal.It also has antibacterial properties that can help prevent possible ear infections.In addition, you will be able to significantly reduce the pain.
- Choose a clove of clean and healthy garlic to extract the juice.
- Insert 3 to 4 drops of the juice into your ear.
- Wait at least a minute for the garlic to perform its function.
- Let the ear dry naturally.
- Repeat after 2 hours if necessary.
It is important to get the water out of your ear as quickly as possible otherwise it could cause an infection. If the clogged ear starts to hurt you, it may be a symptom of an infection, and it is important to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
The post 12 Easy Ways to Get Water Out of Ear Fast appeared first on Natural Remedy Ideas.
This post first appeared on Natural Remedy Ideas-Natural Home Remedies For Life, please read the originial post: here