There are times when you want to be barefoot around your home but you feel quite embarrassed whenever you see your Cracked Heels. When you have cracked feed, this usually means that you do not take good care of your feet. It is normal for the feet to be dry because they do not have oil glands. Yet, if you manage to pay attention to your feet, you will not suffer from this condition.
While cracked Heels can be common for a lot of people, there may be some with various conditions who are more prone to getting it.
- Athlete’s Foot
How sure are you that you have cracked heels? Here is the process that you have to watch out for about how cracked heels will progress.
- Rough Skin – This is one of the first signs that you are going to have cracked heels. The moment that the rough skin turns into calluses, then you can expect that cracks are inevitable.
- Flaky Patches – These patches may be red in color. When you start to notice that your feet has started flaking, this is the way that you should know that you have to take better care of your feet.
- Itchiness – Since the skin is rough, dry and flaky, you are going to experience some itchiness on your feet that you will try hard not to scratch. If you would continue scratching your feet, you can expect that you are going to develop some rashes too.
- Bleeding – If you still do not do anything even when your feet is already itchy, then it may start bleeding. There may also be some runny discharge that may emerge from the cracks. Remember that this increases the possibility of your feet becoming infected so try your best to fix this at the soonest possible time with some remedies.
It is likely that you are going to develop cracked heels more when the weather is cool.
Main Reasons for Getting Cracked Feet
What do you think are the habits that have caused your cracked feet in the first place? If you are not aware, you can gain more information from below.
- Dry Skin – If your skin is naturally dry, then expect that the skin on your feet will become even drier.
- Standing – Does your job require you to stand for a long time? This will increase your chances of getting cracked heels especially when you wear ill-fitting shoes.
- Excess Weight – Do you consider yourself to be overweight? If yes, then this increases your chances of getting cracked heels.
- Exposure to Water – You might think that exposing your feet to water will be good for your cracked heels but actually, this can be the main cause of it. When you are submerged in water, you are getting rid of the natural oil of your feet. This will make you more prone to having dry feet afterwards. After swimming, you are recommended to moisturize your feet afterwards just to be sure.
You may think that getting cracked feet is okay because your walking will not be affected anyway but you are wrong. Your may get some complications because of your cracked feet especially if you have been feeling it for a long time but you are not doing anything about it. The symptoms may be easy to ignore in the beginning because they are mild but as they progress, they can cause further problems.
Here are some of the complications that you may experience:
- You will have problems with walking so you cannot walk for long periods of time because you know that it is going to be uncomfortable.
- You may get infections that will complicate your condition further.
- The itchiness of your feet may become too much to bear after some time.
- Instead of using normal home remedies in order to get rid of your cracked feet, you have to go to the doctor to get expensive treatments because home remedies just won’t work anymore.
How to Prevent Cracked Feet
Prevention is always better than trying to cure your cracked feet because it is easier to get rid of something that is not there yet. If you have naturally dry feet, you may be more prone to getting cracked feet so you have to take extra precaution.
- Always use some creams in order to moisturize your feet especially after taking a bath or swimming.
- When choosing the right products that you are going to place on your feet, make sure that the products do not contain alcohol. Alcohol can make the skin become even drier.
- Try to find some mild products that do not contain irritants.
- You may want to avoid taking warm or hot baths as this can make the skin on your feet drier. If you cannot bathe without warm or hot water, you can splash cold water on your feet afterwards.
- Hydrate yourself. It is essential for you to drink about 8 – 10 glasses of water depending on your needs so that you can stay hydrated. It will also help if you can take a shot of water every hour while you are awake so that you will not forget to stay hydrated.
- Saunas and steam baths should not be too frequent.
- Drinking caffeine may contribute to having dry feet so try to limit your caffeine intake everyday.
Home Remedies To Get Rid of Cracked Heels(Cracked Feet) Immediately
Even before you try out the home remedies for your cracked heels, it should be reiterated that wearing the right shoes will make a huge difference with how well your cracked heels can heal. Your shoes should allow your feet to breathe otherwise your cracked heels may worsen. Here are some of the home remedies that you may try:
- Coconut Oil
What can coconut oil not do? There are a lot of lists that will include coconut oil as a home remedy for different reasons. This time, coconut oil can also be effective in moisturizing cracked heels. Coconut oil contains anti fungal and anti bacterial properties that can be very effective in healing cracked heels. This can still work even for people whose cracked heels have already grown deeper into the skin.
- Make sure that your feet are clean before applying coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil liberally on the feet.
- Put on socks and leave the coconut oil overnight.
- Remove the socks in the morning.
- Wash your feet.
- Mentholated Rub
There are different brands of mentholated rubs that are available. Some may be more popular than others but for sure, you will find one brand that you will be most comfortable using. Mentholated rubs can actually do a lot for the body especially when placed on the feet. They are supposed to release toxins that may cause different diseases. At the same time, it can moisturize your cracked heels.
- Make sure that you have cleaned your feet properly.
- Apply a liberal amount of mentholated rub on the heels and the soles of the feet.
- Wear socks.
- Remove the socks in the morning and wash your feet.
- Paraffin Wax For Feet
This is a treatment that you may get when you are in a spa but if you believe that you can do this method at home as long as you have the paraffin wax then do it. Paraffin wax can be very effective in removing the hard skin and the dead skin from the feet. At the same time, it can moisturize your feet so you will not feel that it is dry.
- You would need to heat the paraffin wax together with coconut oil.
- Mix well together.
- After heating, the wax will look like a thick paste.
- Place the paste on the cracked heels of your feet.
- Put on socks and leave the paraffin wax overnight.
- In the morning, you can remove your socks and wash your feet.
This is a remedy that you have o do everyday until you see your desired results.
The great thing about glycerin is that it is easy to buy over the counter. It is inexpensive too so you will have no problems with applying it on your cracked heels. Glycerin is also used for a lot of other purposes that are usually related to the skin. This is very effective in making sure that the skin is thoroughly moisturized.
- You can prepare the glycerin by adding some lemon juice to it.
- Apply the mixture on your feet properly.
- You need to place on the feet for about 20 minutes before rinsing.
- You can expect that your feet will smell good and will be well moisturized at the same time.
- Epsom Salt
There are different things that Epsom Salt is known for. There are some people who ingest it in order to aid in digestion. There are also some who use Epsom salt in order to get rid of the toxins and the impurities of the body that may become diseases in the long run. This time, you are going to use Epsom Salt to get rid of your cracked heels.
- When preparing a foot bath, add some Epsom salt to the mixture.
- Soak your feet in the solution for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Scrub your feet in order to get rid of the hard skin.
- You can do this 2 – 3 times a week until you see that the cracked on your heels disappear.
This is one of the natural home remedies that is commonly found on a lot of lists. When choosing the right honey to place on your skin, make sure that you will choose raw and organic honey as this is meant to work better as compared to the usual type of honey. Honey can naturally moisturize your skin so you can expect that this will work well in removing the cracks from the heels of your feet.
- Add some honey to water where you are going to soak your feet.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Soak your feet on the water for about 20 minutes.
- Scrub the cracked part or the hard skin gently.
- Moisturize your feet with baby oil or gentle lotion afterwards.
You may love milk or hate milk but you probably know by now that milk can be very good for the skin. This can be very effective in making sure that your skin will have a nice and healthy glow to it. This is due to the properties found in milk that can be very effective for the skin.
- Add one cup of milk to the water where you are going to soak your feet.
- Keep your feet soaked for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Apply a moisturizer on your feet after.
- Petroleum Jelly
You may know the different things that petroleum jelly is used for. You know that this is commonly used in order to get rid of cracked lips so it is safe to assume that you can use it on your cracked heels too. Petroleum Jelly can help the skin heal faster and better.
- Soak and scrub your feet to get rid of the dead skin cells.
- Apply the petroleum jelly on your feet especially on the areas where the cracks are.
- Place socks on in order to help the feet absorb the petroleum jelly better.
- You can wash your feet in the morning.
- Sesame Oil
There are some people who love sesame oil but for cooking. Since this is an ingredient that you can normally find in your kitchen, it is always there and you can always use it when you are having problems with your cracked heels. This can be very effective in preventing infection that may be brought by your cracked feet.
- Add two teaspoons of sesame oil on your foot soak.
- Allow your feet to soak for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- If in case the cracks are already deep, you do not need water anymore before applying the sesame oil directly on to the cracked heels.
- Remove after 15 minutes.
If in case the home remedies mentioned above do not work in removing your cracked heels, you can consult with a dermatologist immediately so that your problem will be resolved.
The post Home Remedies To Get Rid of Cracked Heels(Cracked Feet) Immediately appeared first on Natural Remedy Ideas.
This post first appeared on Natural Remedy Ideas-Natural Home Remedies For Life, please read the originial post: here