Shake to lose or maintaining your weight.
Sometimes it is difficult to prepare healthy meals, and that is why Meal Replacement shakes have become increasingly popular. These shakes allow dieting individuals a solution for a hectic lifestyle.
Yes, it is always ideal to get your nutrients from healthy foods, but there are a number of shakes that offer benefits as well. Plus, these shakes are a better option when having to choose between eating junk food or skipping a meal.
When you make the decision to use Meal Replacement Shakes, it is important that you determine how many shakes to drink a day.
You should never replace more than two of your meals with this option, as you need whole foods to provide additional nutrients to your body.
Meal Replacement Shake Advantages
There are several advantages when choosing a meal Replacement alternative. You always want to make sure you are purchasing a meal replacement product that will be beneficial to your dietary needs.
Some of the advantages include:
- Easy to take to work, or with you on the run.
- Better alternative than junk food or skipping meals.
- Reduce the amount of food that you are eating, which could result in weight loss.
- Satisfy that dying need for food during the day.
- Easier to count the amount of calories you are taking in.
Difference between Meal Replacement and Protein Shakes
People tend to get very confused with the many shake options that are available. However, it is essential that you understand each type because there is a huge difference in calorie intake.
Meal replacement shakes, as well as other meal replacement products (bars, soups, puddings), are designed to replace one to two meals a day. These shakes are made for weight loss, as well as maintaining your weight. They are loaded with vital nutrients in a low calorie option that has the right amount of protein and very low in carbs. The ideal meal replacement should have proteins, low carbs and range between 200 to 400 calories.
Protein shakes are just that, filled with protein. These types of shakes have very little if any carbohydrates, fats or other vital nutrients. They are low in calories, but are not designed to replace a whole meal.
How To Buy A Meal Replacement Shake
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when buying these types of shakes.
- Ensure the powder you are purchasing can be mixed with water, juice and milk.
- Always look that the meal replacement provides a good balance of calories from protein, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and all the essential vitamins and minerals.
- Choose one that has no or low saturated fats, trans-fats and sugars.
- Choose a shake that has a good calorie intake for you, as this will vary among individuals.
- Watch how many sugars are in the shake, as well as calories because this will hinder you in your weight loss goals.
- Always compare brands and what they offer, so you get the best possible product.
There are numerous meal replacement shakes on the market including the best selling IdealShape shake and the latest EvoShake. Both shakes come in two delicious flavour chocolate and vanilla, while EvoShake also come with strawberry flavour. Decide what your goals are, and choose one that will help you achieve them.
The post What is a Meal Replacement Shake? appeared first on Weight Loss United.