Dental Veneers Made from Porcelain
The instance of yellow or discolored teeth is quite unsettling for anyone. Having some yellow teeth with discoloration, in addition to abrasions, broken, chipped, unevenly shaped, or grinded teeth is even worse. Self-confidence and esteem comes down to the smile you wear. Any time you get ashamed or nervous about your dental appearance the infectious smile will disappear and self-confidence will seize.
Porcelain veneers emotional and aesthetic impact
A good number of dentists consider using Porcelain Veneers. The porcelain veneer is a category of veneers in dentistry usually used for the treatment of biological tooth problems. Embarrassing teeth for a patient is quite damaging although in some different way. This is why porcelain veneers are an important innovation to help reclaim the confidence of a patient and give them the deserved teeth they would be happy to smile with without getting ashamed.
Techniques of putting porcelain veneers on
Some two decades ago, putting on porcelain veneers required some difficult and invasive surgical processes on a patient’s mouth. Most patients were quite cautious about getting them. The level of aggression with this dentistry would frequently result into further problems than the procedure would have solved.
Understanding porcelain veneers
In simple terms, porcelain veneers can be understood as thin shells made of porcelain. The shells get stuck into the front area of the teeth, and they get glued there. Incredibly strong veneers will withstand friction hence resisting fracture. They are compact enough to allow for chewing and they can also last for quite some time. Upon getting porcelain veneer fittings they could remain in position for decades immediately after they are properly bonded.
Porcelain veneers holistic approach
Porcelain veneers will always be a magnificent alternative for patients. This product has gone through numerous changes since their initial development. Conventional dentists often recommend the traditional veneers that apply composite materials which do not last long enough. The composite alternative of veneers does get easily stained hence causing the same initial problem for which a patient was treated.
These veneers are a painless, safe and magnificent solution for giving a dental patient a clean smile they have always desired. They help address issues of yellow teeth, broken teeth, and bad teeth spacing. The treatment process is not invasive and within a limited time following consultation, any person contending with the aforementioned challenges can encounter an experience that will help them regain their confidence and motivation.
- Long-lasting: They could remain for between 10 and 15 years if properly maintained.
- Durability and strength: They are made from durable and strong porcelain material. It is possible to enjoy various foods without having to get worried.
- Customizable: Teeth impressions are sent to an oral lab for hand crafting of veneers that fit a person’s teeth perfectly.
- Natural looking: They are specifically manufactured to resemble natural teeth.
- Simple and quick procedure: Within a time of two dentist visits, the veneers could get installed.
- Cosmetic benefits: They enhance the appearance of chipped, cracked, discolored, misaligned, and broken teeth. They are applied for their cosmetic value and positioned on the front side of visible teeth.
- Resistant to stains: Unlike the natural tooth, the porcelain veneers resist stains. They could maintain their brilliant white color even when enjoying a cup of black tea, coffee, or other products which would normally cause stains.
- Enhance confidence: The improved smile could assist in helping improve confidence in appearance. This helps improve quality of living.
The post All About Porcelain Dental Veneers appeared first on Holistic Dentist Paige Woods.