Regular rail travellers, get ready to save money, and travel conveniently, thanks to the spanking new Uday Express, which is set to make its debut soon.
UDAY is short for “Utkrisht Double Decker Air Conditioned Yatri Express.” This project by the Indian Railways is tailored towards the business class and will operate on three routes—Coimbatore-Bengaluru, Bandra-Jamnagar and Vishakhapatnam-Vijayawada.
The UDAY will be an improvement over a regular AC coach, and will offer the following amenities:
1) Automatic food-vending machines, with pre-cooked and preheated food.
2) Tea-coffee vending machines, in every coach.
3) Onboard entertainment which includes LCD screens with Bluetooth/Wi-Fi headphones, which will be provided by the Railways.
4) Modular toilets, which will be converted into bio-toilets when necessary.
5) Comfortable reclining chairs and adequate leg space so that passengers can sleep peacefully.
6) A middle deck for dining.
7) Anti-graffiti vinyl, on the exteriors, to give a bright, cheerful look.
Given below, are some stunning photos of this train, which will depart from Coimbatore at 5:40 a.m. and reach Bengaluru at 12:40 p.m., covering a distance of approximately 366 km the journey in 6-7 hours. The train from Bengaluru will depart at 2:15 p.m., and reach Coimbatore at 10 p.m.
Feast your eyes, on the UDAY Express!
You may also like:-
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: [email protected]ebetterindia.com, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
This post first appeared on I Don’t Smoke Or Drink, I Eat Well & Exercise. How Did I Still Get Cancer? An Oncologist Answers., please read the originial post: here