Recently, Twitch – the world’s largest content broadcast platform and community for gamers – dreamed of creating TwitchCon, a one-of-a-kind experience for its fans and partners, and it reached out to The Trade Group for help.
Have you ever wondered what it would take to pull off an impressive live event or exhibition for your brand or business? Recently, Twitch – the world’s largest content broadcast platform and community for gamers – dreamed of creating TwitchCon, a one-of-a-kind experience for its fans and partners, and it reached out to The Trade Group for help.
Twitch’s objective? To create a combination face-to-face and online experience to celebrate “all things Twitch.”
TwitchCon took place September 25-26, 2015, and Twitch chose the Moscone Center in San Francisco as its venue.
TWITCH HOPED TO ACHIEVE MULTIPLE OUTCOMES
Twitch and The Trade Group have collaborated on several exhibits and experiences for traditional gaming shows in the past, so they knew we understood the Twitch brand and how to deliver a design plan to meet its goals. The Twitch marketing team also sought to tap into our industry connections and expertise on an event production level.
Unlike traditional gaming conventions that focus primarily on the latest games and game developers, we helped Twitch plan and execute an event that focused specifically on the Twitch brand and accomplished the following goals:
- Create an environment where the Twitch community could share, connect and celebrate “everything Twitch.” (20,000 people attended in person.)
- Grow and nurture relationships with 600 Twitch broadcaster partners.
- Live stream TwitchCon experiences and activities to community members who couldn’t attend in person. (1.9 million people participated online.)
- Provide education and other resources to help broadcasters up their game.
- Create an exhibition space where game developers could feature their brands and games, while connecting with fans online.
SUCCESSFUL LIVE EVENTS INVOLVE MANY MOVING PARTS
If you’re considering launching a live event or exhibition for your company, establishing clear goals up front (as Twitch did) is an important first step. Then it’s time to develop a plan, coordinate resources and execute. That’s where an event planning and production firm can help.
For TwitchCon, Twitch asked us to:
- Plan, coordinate and project manage the event.
- Serve as union labor liaison to control costs and ensure deadlines were met.
- Design and build custom, branded spaces including: 80×80 triple stage; broadcaster pods; keynote presentation space and experience and more.
- Facilitate live streaming from multiple locations throughout the venue.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT VENDOR PARTNER MATTERS
The Twitch team turned to us based on past successful partnerships at gaming shows like PAX Prime, GamesCon and others. Plus, they were confident we could execute their first show successfully due to our industry connections and expertise.
According to Neeshu Hajra, Sales Consultant for The Trade Group, “We ran a very tight ship at TwitchCon. We nailed it in terms of the hours promised for set up and launch. And from a service standpoint, our ability to view shows like this from all different angles, work as the hub for the integration of trades and bring in strong vendor partnerships really paid off for Twitch.”
If you’re planning an upcoming face-to-face and/or online experience (i.e. an intimate corporate event, multi-faceted exhibition, trade show or conference) – seek out an experienced, event planning and production resource that can cover all the bases. Working with a one-stop-shop can simplify the process and save you time.
We’re also here to help if you have questions – big or small – just give us a call at 800-343-2005 or feel free to hop on our chat tool at right.
For more details about TwitchCon, you can find photos, video and more on the TwitchCon case study page.
The post Twitch Taps The Trade Group to Launch Inaugural Event: TwitchCon 2015 appeared first on TradeGroup.com.