What is On page SEO
On-page SEO refers all activities performed within the website in order to improve its ranking on (SERP )Search engine result page.
On-page SEO involves all the on-site techniques you can employ to ensure a web page will rank on a SERP, and it can also help determine how well that page ranks. Some of the best on page techniques are :
Steps in On page SEO techniques :
Keyword Research: Finding the important keywords for your project is the most important step in ON Page SEO, for that you have to use Tool to finalize your business keywords. Tools like: Google Keyword Planer,Ubersuggest,Keyword Everywhere, KW Finder, SEMrush, Moz Keyord Explorer.
Competitor Analysis: After finalizing your Keywords for your website. Identify who are your competition by doing competitor analysis. Use tools like quick Sprout, SEMrush etc.
SEO Audit: SEO Audit gives you brief idea about what can be improved on your website.
On-Page SEO Optimization: After doing above steps follow below steps to complete your ON Page Optimization:-
1. Title Tag : The best and most effective way to use the title tag is to not to make the title tag longer than 70 characters. The title should be according to your page; try to use the long phrased keyword within the title tag.
2. Description Tag : Use this tag smartly. Describe your page content and try to use your most competitive keywords in the text. Use no more than 160 characters.As far as Meta Keywords are concerned, Google has made it clear that they don't consider them for showing results.
3. Heading Tags: Your Page Title should be in H1 tag. Try to keep one H1 tag per page so that it won't conflict search engines. Use H2 and H3 tags for section breaks. These three Heading tags are important and should be used wisely as Google's algorithm won't tolerate an excessive use of these tags.
4. Image Optimization: It helps to drive traffic from image searches. Include keywords in alt text that help your page more focused. It also helps to increase user engagement. Make sure to compress images before uploading since large images can slow down your page upload speed.
5. URL Structure: This is one of the important factor of On-Page SEO. You should use targeted keyword in the URL. And keep in mind to avoid using special characters, symbols, brackets, commas, etc. within the actual URL.
Example of a ideal permalink:
You can use products/services in your URL structure.
6. Content: Content is the most valuable factor in the world of Search Engine Optimization. More the unique and relevant content, more you will benefit from it. In fact, original, fresh and unique content is what Google is looking for and helps to achieve high search engine rankings. If you are unable to write engaging content, people will not spend much time on your blog, your bounce rate will increase, and your rankings will go down. Make sure your content is of at least 500 words. I have seen content of around 2000-3000 words on some sites that are doing well and ranking high.
7. Internal Linking: This is again an important ranking factor as it show search engines that you are providing extra information beyond what is being displayed in the content and helps readers spend more time on your site. When you are doing internal linking, try to use a keyword as the anchor text, but be very careful not to overdo it.
8. External Linking: It is a great idea to link out to external websites as well. Do this if the information on the external website is relevant to the information in your post. While linking out to external websites, you should link to trusted and high authority websites only.
9. Page Load Time: To reduce page load time, magnify CSS, java scripts, HTML and reduce server response time. Try to avoid page redirection as it increases page load time. You can check if your website is in healthy state here: PageSpeed Insights.To check Page Load Time use tool GTmetrix
10. XML SiteMap : Create xml sitemap and add each of your website in it. You can submit to sitemap in Google and Bing webmaster tools to make your website index soon. You can generate Site Map tool XML SiteMap Generator
11. Robots.txt : The robots.txt is a text file webmasters create to instruct robots (typically search engine robots) how to crawl and index pages on their website. Robot.txt Generator
12. Google Analytics : Make sure you have added and setup the analytics code so you can properly analyze your website.It will help you to check the traffic on your website.
13. Webmaster Tools : Add and verify the ownership of your websites via Google Webmaster Tools. These webmaster tools will also help to analyze the on-page validations.
With the help of this tool you can identify error of your website and rectify it.
Also Read : What is off page seo and what are the Benefits of off Page SEO