What is Google Penalty ?
Google Penalty is a Negative Effect on your website ranking on SERPs based on updates that are made within Google’s Search Algorithms.This Penalty effect those sites who are using Black Hat SEO Techniques.
What kind of Google penalties can you get?
Google Penalties are divided into two types
1) Algorithmic Penalty 2) Manual Penalty
What is a Manual Penalty ?
A google employee take action against a website for manual penalty.A domain will be manually reviewed by a Google employee if the domain is suspected to not followed the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
The following cases could be the reason for why a Google employee impose a manual penalty on a website:
- Buying Links
- Keyword Stuffing
- Too many broken links
- Publishing duplicate content
- Having hidden links in their content
- Too many page errors
- User-generated spam
- Hidden text
- Thin content with little or no added value
- Unnatural Links to your site
- Unnatural links from your site
What is an algorithmic penalty?
An algorithmic penalty is an automatically punishment applied by one of Google’s algorithms.Algorithms like the Google Panda Update or the Google Penguin Update and more.
How do I check Google penalty?
If Google penalizes your website, you will get to know that in your Google webmaster tool. Google will tell you the reason why they have taken such step. Login to webmaster -click on search traffic- click on manual actions.
Symptoms of Google Penalty
- If your site is not indexed in search query
- Sudden decrease in traffic of your website
- If your page doesn't appear even after entering exact keywords and domain.
- Your entire website is removed from search result
- Page ranking on google first page is dropped to 4th or 5th page.
- Running a site search =site:yourdomain.com you will not get any result
Steps to avoid Google Penalties
1) Don't go for buying Links :
Buying link is very dangerous and google is aware of all such activities .If you buy links then your site may get Penalized.
2) Don't Link to Sites with have Low DA and High Spam Score:
Always take a link from website which have high DA and very low Spam score
while taking Backlink from website we need to check DA and the spam score of website.High spam score mean website quality is not good.If website spam score is 17 then google have blacklisted such domain and it will not appear in Search results.Website which have Spam score below 4 is not harmful we can take backlink from that website.
3) Don’t sell your Link:
Do not sell your link because of Google finds your link as link farm then you will be penalized and all your effort to rank your website will go in Waste.
4) Avoid Duplicate content:
Do not use duplicate and copy content on your website because google can easily come to know about that and if you use such duplicate content you may get Penalized by Google.
5) Don’t use sneaky mobile redirects:
When someone lands on their website from some mobile device then, they redirect them to a different site which is not relevant even with the content of on original site.Google penalize the sites which use sneaky mobile redirects.
6) Over-optimized anchor text :
If you are using the same keywords in anchor text that means you are breaking the Google Guidelines. Try to remove or edit optimized anchor text. Use anchor text variation.
7) Spammy/ Unnatural Links :
If your site has spammy links , you need to remove them. Spammy links are Links from irrelevant or untrustworthy websites. you need to check all backlinks on your website by using tools such as google webmaster tool,Ahrefs,Open site explorer etc.If you find any spammy link then you can use Google’s Disavow Tool to remove all bad backlinks.