Drug rehab marketing is a difficult task across the United States for addiction treatment center owners. Many are running to get Legit Script certification and putting on boxing gloves for Google Adwords. They are suffering from Drug Rehab SEO digital Darwinism. California is experiencing new laws and regulations to control patient brokering. Many are stuck in a rut with outdated marketing strategies. What they don’t understand is there are better ways that produce a lower cost per acquisition. There are 4 ways drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers obtain a lower cost per acquisition;
- social media
- content marketing
- organic SEO
- press releases
How To Build A Legal Drug Rehab Marketing Referral Network in California?
Most of us have heard the phrase, “You can’t be everything, to everyone,” right? Unfortunately, when it comes to drug addiction and mental health, that statement does not ring true. Everyone knows someone who has been affected by this illness. It could be our own families, friends, co-workers; even some of us in our own lives have dealt with this affliction.
Why you are fighting every day in this industry, is probably driven – like ours – derives from one of those connections, and we want you to succeed! There are several proven strategies in the digital media space. This is a crucial step you need to take, to achieve your goals of building your treatment center in today’s world.
Top 7 reasons Social Media Plays a Role for California Drug Rehab SEO Marketing
Here on some of the top reason’s drug rehab marketing has to get involved on social media;
- Decreased Marketing Costs – The first, and most important reason that businesses use social media, is the fact that is the most cost-effective way to market a business – by far. By keeping marketing costs down, businesses can then use that capital for reinvesting in, or expanding, or whatever they see fit for their business.
- Increased Inbound Traffic – Social Media Profiles are valuable for creating an avenue for clients to begin to engage with you. By keeping up your presence with original content, adding other sites links back to your treatment centers website and distributing those linked posts on multiple social media platforms, you open up all those channels for another opportunity for a new visitor or client. The more quality content you release on social media, the more inbound traffic you’ll generate, and the more customers will connect with you.
- Connect with Potential Clients – Many people today log into their social media accounts often and the more your information is being promoted the more change they will use your product or service. Did you know 74 percent of Facebook users visit daily?
- Build Relationships with Current Clients – By continually posting and monitoring your social media channels, you will be able to promote the different levels of care you offer and treatments, as well as handle any questions or concerns in real time. Unlike print, radio, or television, you will be able to see exactly how your promotion is doing by the amount of engagement, likes, shares, comments, etc.
- Higher Brand Authority – By syndicating information about your treatment center, your brand will soon become the authority in your industry, or at least in your local area. For example: by providing information and answers, for those individuals with questions about what recovery options are available in a post, they will often share that information. With your brand prominently placed, it can further your reach and will contribute to the growth of your network.
- Better Search Engine Rankings – Google has always stated that they rank a website higher by the content on that site, and how useful a person searching for that info might find that site & content to be. By posting relevant content about addiction treatment, mental health, and new therapy options, the search engines will see you as the authority in that market – thereby, awarding you with higher rankings. This is especially true for local businesses that are actively receiving online reviews, as well.
- Social Media is the New Search – For many people today, when they are on their computer or mobile phone and have a need for a particular product or service, they are now as likely to search on their social networks for the answer from their friends and groups, as they once were to use Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. This means that for a large number of individuals, when they need to look for a drug treatment center, they are more likely to look to their online social networks for possible solutions, rather than just using a search engine, such as Google or Bing. And the numbers in this group grow every day.
Successful treatment centers are already marketing this way. You are losing business by not being actively involved with social media. The sooner you begin, the sooner you will see the benefits of building a virtual community, by watching your followers share with their friends and so on. Don’t lose this business opportunity to your competitors, by sitting idle. Imagine if you started a year, or even six months ago, how much new business you would have.
The bottom line is, the longer you wait, the more you have to lose. Social Media is here to stay and only getting bigger. When it is done right, it leads to more traffic and more clientele.
Content Drug Rehab Marketing Strategy
So, how does your Drug Rehab Marketing stay consistent on Social Media in relation to your blog?
The answer is content. Consistent content, meaning you post every day on social media, and as often as you can on your website. When asked whether back-links or content are better, the answer is they are both important implementing both is the ideal strategy. Sadly, many people in the drug treatment industry have been burned before by “SEO” companies. This is because they either don’t understand link building or don’t have the resources to do “white hat” link building. The outcome from this has been a loss of time and revenue for many in this industry.
Content is one of those items you can control, because you are the one placing it on your center’s website, as well as sharing it on Social Media. You then have the further option to boost that material. This can be done using smart channels organically or by paying Google and Facebook to promote that content for you. that is assuming you have Legit Script certification and are approved to use the paid platform. Will get into why Google AdWords is costing many small to medium size centers to waste huge chunks of marketing dollars.
How Can California Use a Drug Rehab Marketing Content Strategy?
Content marketing refers to the management of basically any & all content that you create and own. This could be written, visual, or even a downloadable PDF or EBook. It is the piece of your marketing strategy that continuously demonstrates who your treatment center is, and should highlight the expertise you offer to your industry.
Surely, you know how important unique content is to the growth of your digital asset. However, when you establish a drug rehab marketing content strategy, there are some key things you should think about. Among those are:
- Is your content SEO’d for keywords?
- Who are you creating the content for?
- What is the question, you are going to answer for that audience?
- How is your program unique?
- What content formats will you produce?
- Which channels will it be released through?
- How will you manage the creation and publication?
Again, by building great content, the search engines will reward that page with rankings. When content is done right, it will be shared across all the social networks. This is the goal – to create social signals and backlinks.
- Tip: There are many websites on the internet that will generate topic ideas for you. If you get writer’s block, just head over to one of these free sites and type in different topics.
Drug Rehab Marketing Using SEO How to Beat the Big Boys in California
What is drug rehab SEO digital Darwinism? We look at 100’s of addiction treatment center websites every month. Over 90% do not have search engine optimization. Some don’t even have a blog, and the ones that do have glaring issues. Here are some of the biggest mistakes made by substance abuse treatment centers on their blogs;
- Length of the blog is only 600-800 words
- The content is just fluff, it is not attracting, engaging, and does not touch an emotional level
- No H Tags or useless H Tags
- There are no pics, or pics are missing keyword ALT descriptions
- The blog post is not focused on a single longtail keyword
- No SERP descriptions, or too short, or too long
- Blog posts are not categorized for longtail keywords
- Orphaned blog posts
Drug rehab SEO blog writing has not been used because centers have traditionally relied upon Google AdWords and “boots on the ground” strategies. With increased competition, new laws and regulations this is not viable for the small to medium size rehabs. Some of the big centers and aggregators are spending in excess of $500,000 per month. They are also paying less for the same keywords than the smaller centers.
This leaves the uncomfortable territory of Drug Rehab SEO. We’ve watched many Florida centers fall because they failed to adopt an SEO strategy. The thing is paid ads only get 2% of page one clicks. Google maps and the first three organic listings get 60-70% of page one clicks. You also need to consider the paid ads are generating a lot of Medicaid and Medicare calls.
Press Releases Used Correctly Increase Drug Rehab Marketing SEO and Backlinks
Press releases are an underutilized tool in drug rehab marketing. Most press release services do not cost a lot of money, and you are able to reach a large number of people. Compared to other paid online advertising, press releases when done properly can be a more financially efficient way of advertising.
We recently sat down with Kevin Leonard, CEO of TheRecover.com an industry leader in drug rehab marketing and press releases. Here is what he had to say;
Consumers are affected by many online channels. Whether its a post to social media, or what’s discovered through a Google search; it will have a considerable influence on how your consumers view your drug treatment center, the recovery business, and your competitors.
TheRecover.com is a health and addiction news resource, which provides non-bias information about health-related topics. As a trusted news source, our stories get picked up by ABC, NBC, CBS, Google News, and many others. Our articles have the ability to reach over 50 million readers through our affiliate network of news outlets. For information about our services please contact our office to discuss a strategy for your treatment center.
They have assisted drug and alcohol treatment centers in boosting online awareness, driving website traffic and reaching brand-new consumers. A press release is one of the best ways for centers to build backlinks, increase awareness and is a cost-effective way to impact your treatment center’s growth.
How to Effectively Use Press Releases for Drug Rehab Marketing
As many substance abuse treatment centers don’t understand SEO, they know even less about effective press releases. Two of the main struggles are what websites are best for distribution, formatting the content, and what type of “stories” are actually newsworthy. Keep in mind legitimate Press Release services will not allow you to publish general information or self-promotion types of posts.
The Top 28 press Release ideas for Drug Rehab Marketing
- Sponsor a local event and write about it
- Take a stand on a controversial issue
- Announce a new hire, or someone’s promotion
- Talk about a new milestone your center has reached
- Share your client’s success stories
- Publish a collection of testimonials from satisfied clients
- Create a podcast and write about it
- Share a free “PowerPoint” about your center’s levels of care available at Slideshare
- Announce the release of a new video available on your YouTube channel
- Establish a scholarship program for people who do not have the ability to pay
- Publish your center’s treatment options with a local charity
- Share a free “FAQ” sheet available at your center’s website
- Share your treatment center’s mission statement
- Publish a story about what makes your center different
- Create a list of amenities your center offers
- Share a link to a new blog page and describe what it is about
- Announce you are offering (MAT) Medication-Assisted Treatment as a part of your recovery approach
- Publish a story on why you do not offer Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Identify a trend you are noticing within the recovery industry
- Debunk a common myth in the treatment business
- Create a list of what to bring to rehab
- Publish a story about what to expect when someone enters your center for treatment
- Tie your press release to a holiday
- Answer the most common three questions potential clients would want to know about your center
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Office relocation or opening a new sober living
- New technology trends affecting your industry
- Expert opinion about a topic in the recovery business
These are just a small sample of the literally thousands of examples you can write about. Making Press Releases a part of your overall digital strategy is a must. When you combine content, with PR, and share it on social media, you have created the ability to reach millions of people nationwide.
TheRecover.com is One of the Executive Thought Leader Panelists at the California EMP Conference on 8/6/19
Drug rehab marketing, SEO, webpage content quality, social and local signals, and quality backlinks are just 5 ranking factors of 200 ranking factors that Google uses. TheRecover.com will be sharing press release secrets you can put into place immediately that are low cost and produce admits. If you would like to get started earlier on press release you can call Kevin Leonard at 888-510-3898.
The California Addiction Conferences EMP Series 8/16/19 event will have a total of 5 proven leaders. Each sharing proved business and marketing strategies that compete with the big players. These are proven and cost-effective ways to impact your treatment center’s growth.
The post Drug Rehab Marketing Struggles for California Treatment Centers appeared first on BHNR.