Why should you have the certification?
You will find Project Management Professionals heading projects in almost every country. While some other certifications focus only on a domain, the PMP is truly global since it gives you the opportunity to you in virtually any industry and in any location.
To earn your Project Management Professional recognition, you need to meet the experience and education requirements and pass the PMP examination which is a 200-question, multiple-choice test to be completed in four hours.
- If you are an expert project manager accountable for all details of project delivery and leading teams, then the PMP is the right choice for you.
- You must maintain your PMP, by earning 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
- You must hold a Secondary degree and have 7,500 hours leading and directing projects as well as 35 hours of project management education.
- If you hold a four-year degree, then 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education is required
Irrespective of how well established you may be as a project manager or how strong your experience or education might be, you will still need to prepare vigorously for the exam. Successful PMP candidates use multiple study aids. You need to pass the PMP exam and you need a pmp prep course that will help you in your role as a project manager. Apparently, you would prefer the pmp prep course that you enrol for to be conducted by an authority in project management.
Tips to Prepare for the Exam
Other than enrolling for a Pmp Prep course you must:
- Review the PMP handbook.
- Review the most recent PMP Exam Content Outline.
- Get familiar with Sample Questions.
- Learn about Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s)
- Go through self-study books which have been published by R.E.P.s and other reputable training organizations.
- Review the latest edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
Take a prep course
There are several pmp prep courses for the project management certification which include workshops and review course sessions which will provide each PMP Prep student with access to a question bank of over 500 exam practice questions.
- The key elements of the course are of training classes, workshops, and a question bank.
- PMP Prep courses review all the topics that are essential in passing the PMP Exam.
- Instructor-assisted workshop sessions are held for you to solve practice
- Question bank access is included with the pmp prep course.
The pmp prep course will help you by:
- Helping you to focus on learning the Project Management methods according to the PMBOK Guide.
- Increasing your confidence by helping you to develop the crucial problem-solving skills required to be successful in the PMP Certification Exam.
- Covering all 47 topics in a consequential manner, to help you to grasp the material quickly.
- Access for six-months to over 500 sample test questions which allows you to try replicated tests to judge your progress.
- Providing you the opportunity to send questions through your e-learning portal to the instructor at no additional cost.
This article deals with the importance of enrolling for a pmp prep course if you are serious about getting a certification as a project manager. Considering the value, you will add to your own career with the project management certification you really would want to be prepared thoroughly to take the exam. So why wait? Take a decision quickly and choose which pmp prep course you would like to take and start preparing to earn that very crucial certification.