Google handles billions of Search queries every day and showing up on the first page for popular search terms can have a huge impact on a website’s traffic and revenue.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics are often used to try and improve your blog’s chances of ranking higher in the search results.
Beware because some tactics can get your site penalized by Google and your traffic from organic search will drop to almost zero.
Here are 7 tactics you can be sure will get your site penalized eventually.
Share this Image On Your Site
1. Unnatural backlinks like using automated systems to write random comments on websites (comment spam), buying links and excessively trading of reciprocal links are all seen as an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings and will result in a penalty.
2. Cloaking and/or sneaky redirects is the process of presenting different content to the search engine bot than what a natural visitor will see. Google does not respond kindly when this deception is detected.
3. Keyword stuffing is where you include search terms into the body of your page much more than is natural. Having a too high keyword to other text ratio (called keyword density) can trigger a penalty.
4. Duplicate content is having the same or nearly similar content on different pages of your site or another site. Duplication signals to Google that your content is either completely plagiarized or of at least of much lower value to visitors.
5. Thin content are pages with either very little content or very poor quality content. Although there is no official minimum content length, studies show that longer content tends to rank better.
6. Private Blog Networks (PBNs) is a group of websites you control and use to link artificially to your new websites. Google is cracking down hard on PBNs.
The post 7 Sure Fire Ways to Get Your Blog Penalized By Google appeared first on Blogtrepreneur - For Busy Entrepreneurs.