Learn the value of using information to build business success and how it can give your business a competitive advantage.
Apple, Facebook and Google are three of today’s most vibrant companies. And they have something in common: they understand that the value of their Business is built on what they know about their business and their customers, and this gives them their competitive advantage. Information is the key to contemporary business success.
About the course
Deakin University’s Business School is a global leader in business and management education. Its online MBA is ranked in the top 20 in the world and the school is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). A hallmark of excellence, the AACSB accreditation is awarded to business schools that meet strict standards of quality, academic, and professional excellence, and the most recognised form worldwide of professional accreditation an institution and its business programmes can earn.
What topics you will cover
- Value of information to businesses as a competitive advantage;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and how to elevate yourself above the competition;
- Case studies of how businesses use information to generate distinctive ideas and create new opportunities;
- Situation analysis to develop the confidence to make decisions that lead to achieving personal goals;
- Competitive nature and the ethical implications of having an information advantage;
- Elements that set your business apart and how to use this knowledge to stay ahead.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how information and IT can generate business value for competitive advantage;
- Discover how differnt kinds of IT investments provide differnet types of business value;
- Analyse your own competitive advantage and the value of informaton you hold;
- Develop a plan for how you can successfully use the value of information in your career.
This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use information to gain a competitive advantage. It will be of particular interest to new small to medium enterprises and learners devising new business plans.
About the instructor
Lubna Alam is Associate Professor of Information Systems at Deakin Business School at Deakin University. Her teaching and research focuses on emerging technology disruption and IT & business alignment.
Starting date: 5 March, 2018
Duration: 2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Instructor: Lubna Alam
Institution: Deakin University
GET DETAILS/SIGN UP
The post Using Information to Build Business Success (MOOC) appeared first on PrepAdviser.com.