Over the past 15 years, I’ve developed a lot of Leadership programs for a variety of companies. I’ve learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t to keep your Leadership Program sustainable over the long run and ensure that it gets results. The biggest mistakes that I see when developing a leadership program that you want to steer clear of are:
Mistake #1. Lack of Alignment
Be sure that your program and the leadership competencies that you are developing are tied directly to your company goals or vision of the future.
Mistake #2. Lack of Sponsorship
An absolute must for any leadership development program to succeed is having a champion or sponsor of the program. This could be a trusted executive or various members of the leadership team.
Mistake #3. Lack of Measurement
Clearly define what you hope to accomplish by implementing a leadership program. What changes in behavior or culture do you expect to see over the long term? How will you know when are experiencing successful movement in the right direction?
Unfortunately, these mistakes are common, but they don’t have to be. With preparation and the right resources in place, you can build a leadership program that gets results and makes a difference at your company.
If you would like to hear more about how you can design a leadership program that changes behavior, builds strong teams and gets bottom line results ~ sign up here for our complimentary webinar program 10 Steps to Design and Develop Your Leadership Program where you’ll learn:
- The #1 reason why having a Leadership program is absolutely imperative for business growth
- The importance of creating Leaders of Choice
- The Leadership Commitment Model that creates transformational results
- The 10 Steps to designing an Leadership program that has a major impact on your business including:
- How to clarify necessary leadership skills
- How to align and engage your organization
- How to ensure sponsorship
- How to create a mentorship program
- How to track and communicate ROI
- and much, much more!
- Ready NOW Leadership development solutions that you can put to work in your business immediately.
Rethink The Way You Lead!
The post Top 3 Mistakes Companies Make When Developing a Leadership Program appeared first on Evolving Leader Program.
This post first appeared on Evolving Leader Virtual Program - Evolving Leader Program, please read the originial post: here