These inspirational and comforting scripture quotes will help lift you up.
We all need inspiration or comfort from time to time. A great source that is always there to comfort you or inspire you is the Scripture. Scripture is the word of God and there are many uplifting messages that you can get from it.
Whether you are in the midst of turmoil or are looking for direction for your life, many answers can be found in the scripture.
One of the most comforting things you can learn from the scripture is that God loves you and cares about you and your well-being. With that in mind, he has provided comforting and inspiring messages for you. Enjoy these inspirational scripture quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Bible quotes to spread the faith and compassion.
Comforting scripture quotes and Bible verses
1. “So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.” – John 16:22
2. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:12
3. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” – Revelation 21:4
4. “Come to me, all who are weary and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
5. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
6. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
7. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
8. “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” – Deuteronomy 31: 8-9
9. “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” – Isaiah 12:2
Scripture quotes for anxiety
10. “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” – Matthew 10:29-31
11. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4: 6-7
12. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” – Matthew 6:25-34
13. “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
14. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
15. “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid.” – Psalm 27:1
Inspiring scripture quotes
16. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
17. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” – Psalm 46:1-3
18. “But Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” – Matthew 19:26
19. “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.” – Colossians 1:11
20. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
21. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” – James 1:2-3
22. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8: 38-39
23. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
Peaceful scripture quotes
24. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
25. “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.” – Isaiah 26:3
26. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Romans 5:1
27. “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” – Phillippians 4:9
28. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
29. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
30. “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” – Hebrew 6:19
31. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.” – Galatians 5:22
32. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” – Matthew 5:9
33. “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” – Psalm 29:11
Scripture quotes about strength
34. “Do not grieve, the joy of the Lord is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
35. “My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.” – Psalm 119:28
36. “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
37. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
38. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13
39. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” – Isaiah 40:29
40. “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him – my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” – Exodus 15:2
41. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
42. “For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” – Deuteronomy 20:4
43. “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” – 1 Chronicles 16:11
44. “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” – 2 Corinthians 12:10
45. “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.” – Habakkuk 3:19
More scripture quotes
46. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
47. “For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.” – Romans 8: 24-25
48. “I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” – Psalm 116:1-2
49. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
50. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” – Ephesians 6:10
What did you learn from these scripture quotes?
Now that you have read the quotes above, I hope they have provided you with inspiration and if you need it, comfort. In today’s world, things are moving quickly and constantly changing.
We find that things we could count on yesterday have changed today. That is one of the most comforting things about the scripture – it never changes.
As you face the world, know that you do not face it alone and that you can always turn to scripture for God’s comfort and guidance. You can be a little more confident and you can take more risks when you know that the God of comfort and inspiration has left you messages in scripture. Learn some of your favorite scriptures from above and they will comfort and inspire you in times of need.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these scripture quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
The post Scripture Quotes About Life and Love appeared first on Everyday Power.
This post first appeared on Motivational Blog | Inspirational Quotes | Picture, please read the originial post: here