Are you a fan of NBC’s hit TV drama This Is Us? We have curated a selection of quotes from the award-winning series that will surely bring you the feels.
What do you love most about the TV show This Is Us?
Premiering in 2016, This Is Us is a drama series that features a talented ensemble cast including Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Sterling K. Brown, Chrissy Metz, and Susan Kelechi Watson.
Along with winning countless awards, This Is Us is a fan-favorite across the world due to its relatable cast of characters and gripping storylines. Once you step into the lives of the Pearson family, it’s hard to step away.
Check out the quotes featured below that illustrate the many highs and lows of the TV series This Is Us.
Also check out our list of Big Lebowski quotes and these Step Brothers quotes that will make you laugh.
This Is Us quotes about love
1. “You make me feel like I’m home.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
2. “The hardest part about seeing someone you love in pain is not being able to do anything about it, except try not to make it worse.” – Toby (Chris Sullivan)
3. “I don’t need anniversaries to see you. I see you every day. You are my daily meteor shower.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
4. “I want you to picture the love of your life. Imagine that you have 30 seconds to win her back. One shot, three sentences. What are those sentences, and who are you saying them to?” – Toby (Chris Sullivan)
5. “I wasn’t expecting you. I didn’t think that we would end up together. The single most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done with my life is fall in love with you. I’ve never been seen so completely, loved so passionately and protected so fiercely.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
6. “I love you as much as a human heart can love.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
7. “I can live without pizza and cookies and potato chips and whatever that brownie thing was that they were serving on the plane. The one things I cannot live without is you.” – Toby (Chris Sullivan)
8. “He loves you like he’s in a Disney movie or something. He hears tiny forest animals singing or playing kazoos or something, whenever you walk into a room. But if you’re sad, then you should talk to him. He’ll tell you you’re exceptional and he’ll say it so easy that you’ll believe it.”– Deja (Lyric Ross)
9. “I promise to spend the rest of my life earning your love, because you are the only thing…the only thing I’m ever going to need.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
10. “Choosing our people is the closest we come to controlling our destiny. Because while everything else may change, if you choose right, your people will stay the same.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
11. “When I look in your eyes, I see my home. I see eternity. And no matter what may come our way… I promise that I’ll always choose you.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
12. “We don’t work when we’re apart. But, together…baby, together, we set the world on fire.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
13. “It’s better to have loved and lost, surely, but try not to lose it at all.” – William (Ron Cephas Jones)
14. “I love the mother that you are. I love that you are still the most beautiful woman in any room and that you laugh with your entire face.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
This is Us quotes about family
15. “When you’re a mom, you get a front row seat to the best show in town: Watching your kids grow up.” – Rebecca (Mandy Moore)
16. “Mom, you are not in my way. You are my way.” – Kate (Chrissy Metz)
17. “We’re their parents. We do the best we can. But at the end of the day what happens to them, how they turn out, that’s bigger than us.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
18. “You’re adopted, and we don’t talk about that enough. ‘Cause to me, you are every part my son. Maybe I don’t want you to feel like you stand out. But I need you to know something. I want you to stand out. I want all of you to be as different as you can possibly be. In all the best ways.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
19. “You see, for days, I’ve been plagued by the question: How do I honor my father’s legacy? Then I realized, I honor his legacy by taking what I learned from the way he lived his life and use it to shape the way I go on living mine.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
20. “I am thankful for my family. I’m thankful that we’re all safe and there’s no one in the world that I’d rather be too hot or too cold with.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
21. “All you can do as a parent is try to pack the days with as much good stuff as possible and hope that it outweighs the bad. You hope that the good stuff sticks.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
22. “It’s family that makes me special, you four are what makes me great. And I’m sorry if I haven’t done a good job of showing you that enough lately.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
23. “A kid can either repeat the mistakes of his old man, or he corrects them.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
24. “When you make a commitment to a child, you got to stick to it.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
25. “One day you’re their biggest idol, next day, someone else comes along and becomes their whole world.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
26. “No. It’s not your job to make me feel better. It’s not. It’s my job. It’s my job to keep standing there with my arms wide open, waiting for you to maybe someday fall inside if you needed it. And if you do, I’ll love you. And if you don’t, I’ll love you, too. Because that’s what it means to be a parent. You’ll see one day.” – Rebecca (Mandy Moore)
27. “Having people you care about. People you want to take care of. That will turn you into the man that you want to be.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
28. “I’m sorry” is like a magic word when you’re a kid. Doesn’t matter what you did. Say you’re sorry and it all goes away. Then you grow up, and it just doesn’t work anymore, does it?” – Kevin (Justin Hartley)
29. “Thank you. For doing what I couldn’t. For raising him to be the man he is. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you, brother. I would have liked to have heard that laugh. I would have liked to have met my son’s father.” – William (Ron Cephas Jones)
This is Us quotes about marriage
30. “Sometimes, in marriage, someone has to be the one to push to make the big moves.” – Rebecca (Mandy Moore)
31. “You find your soulmate, you get married, you stay together until you die. Period.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
32. “I just keep thinking about my wife and how I just want to get home to her, hang out with her, make sure she’s okay. Which is crazy, because she’s at her absolute worst right now. I mean, like, Exorcist level bad. But I still don’t want to escape her. Or my future vomiting, crap-riddled kids. I just, I want more time with them. I want to freeze time with them, so that I can get a little bit more.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
This Is Us quotes about life
33. “How you present yourself on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
34. “There’s no lemon so sour that you can’t make something resembling lemonade.” – Dr. K (Gerald McRaney)
35. “Sometimes you just got to do the right thing. You got to do the right thing, even if it’s not what you want.” – Kevin (Justin Hartley)
36. “Understanding and forgiveness are two very different animals.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
37. “I haven’t had a happy life. Bad breaks. Bad choices. A life of almosts and could-haves. Some would call it sad, but I don’t. ‘Cause the two best things in my life were the person in the very beginning and the person at the very end. That’s a pretty good thing to be able to say, I think.” – William (Ron Cephas Jones)
38. “I think that’s sort of how it works you know? We go through life slowly but surely collecting these little pieces of ourselves that we can’t really live without until we eventually have enough of them to feel whole.” – Kevin (Justin Hartley)
39. “You got to own your choices, boys. Choose them fully and don’t look back.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
40. “When big things end, it’s hard not to imagine how they started.” – Kevin (Justin Hartley)
41. “There’s always gonna be people out there who act like it’s extra special when you do something impressive because of where you came from. You can’t control that. All you can control is what you do.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
42. “There’s a fine line between caring and worrying, and sometimes that line gets blurry.” – Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson)
More This Is Us quotes that will make your day
43. “People don’t slow dance nearly as much as they should.” – Rebecca (Mandy Moore)
44. “Nothing beats honest, open communication.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
45. “It’s weird, isn’t it, the way we think about our lives? What’s next? What happens next? Always moving forward. I wonder if things would make more sense if you looked at everything in reverse. Like, if you started at the end, and move backwards and try to figure out how you got there.” – Nick (Michael Angarano)
46. “It’s so strange, isn’t it? How, just like that, a complete stranger can become such a big part of your story. It’s actually kind of terrifying, you know? How a single cross with one person you’ve never met can change everything.” – Rebecca (Mandy Moore)
47. “Every battle scar is gonna be another memory.” – Jack (Milo Ventimiglia)
48. “Community. It’s a strange word on its own. The word is not as warm as family, but, some people, people like myself, we don’t have family. But that’s okay, because we have each other. We have this place and that’s not nothing. That’s not nothing at all.” – William (Ron Cephas Jones)
49. “When you lose someone suddenly and unexpectedly, it hurts differently.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
50. “Life feels like Pac-Man sometimes, I guess. It’s the same game all over again. Same board. Same ghosts. Sometimes, you get a bunch of cherries but eventually and inevitably, those ghosts catch up with you.” – Randall (Sterling K. Brown)
Which This Is Us quote tugs at your heartstrings the most?
Almost every episode of This Is Us comes with a tear-jerking moment that captivates audiences. One of the many reasons why This Is Us is so popular is its emphasis on love and family. Love and family are universal themes. This makes it easy to become a fan of the series because many relate to its events and see themselves in one of the characters featured.
Did we miss an important This Is Us quote? What character’s story can you relate to the most? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
The post 50 Tear-Jerking This Is Us Quotes appeared first on Everyday Power.
This post first appeared on Motivational Blog | Inspirational Quotes | Picture, please read the originial post: here