Gambling is an enjoyable leisure and entertainment activity for many people. However, for some, participation in gambling can lead to adverse consequences for themselves, their family and friends, and/or the broader community. SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services (RSG Online) training is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to deliver gambling services responsibly as well as provide information to customers who require assistance with problem gambling.
Club Training Australia’s SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services (RSG) training is only recognised in Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia. Please be aware that employees in South Australia are required to complete an additional face to face training, SITHGAM202 Attend Gaming Machines.
For information on the required Gambling training for New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory, please refer to the below links:
- New South Wales
- Australian Capital Territory
Do I need to complete the training?
Any person carrying out gaming duties or gaming tasks within a licensed Club or Licensed Hotel must complete the SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services training.
These persons include:
- An eligible licensee
- A gaming nominee or
- Any person performing gaming duties or tasks
An eligible licensee is an individual licensee who is ordinarily present on the licensed premises when the premises is open for the conduct of gaming.
All new employees performing gaming tasks or duties have three (3) months from the date of starting employment to obtain their SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment.
You are performing a gaming duty or task if you:
- Supervise employees who are responsible for the conduct of gaming
- Supervise the access to the internal parts of a gaming machine
- Supervise money clearances
- Issue keys for the security of gaming machines to employees
- Supervise entries in accounting records required to be kept and maintained under the Gaming Machine Act 1991
- Arrange repairs to gaming equipment
- Perform or witness payouts over $500 (as the designated gaming employee)
- Prepare self-exclusion orders/exclusion direction
- Prepare a revocation notice for an exclusion direction
- Make an entry in Form 3G ‘Register of Excluded Persons’
- Prepare a Form 3R ‘Report on Excluded Persons’
- Prepare a Form 3H ‘Notice of Contravention’
Where can I complete the training?
Club Training Australia’s online SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services training is recognised in Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia.
When will my Statement of Attainment Expire?
The SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment, if received after 1st July 2013, is valid for life. Club Training Australia recommends that you complete this course every three years to ensure your skills remain current.
All licensees are required to keep a register containing information about current Statement of Attainments held by people carrying out gaming duties or gaming tasks on the licensed premises. The register must be made available for inspection by an inspector at the premises.
How do I enrol in the online training course?
Click through to our online store and begin your SITHGAM001 Responsible Service of Gambling training immediately. Enrolment in our 100% online course takes under three (3) minutes and you are granted instant access to our Learning Management System (LMS). Complete your RSG Online training course in approximately four (4) hours and receive your certificate via email once your USI has been verified and final assessment has been successfully graded by one of our trainers.
The post What is SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Gambling Services? appeared first on Club Training Australia.