By nature, events are Social; they involve several people coming together, whatever the reasons – conferences, entertainment, traditional ceremonies, workshops, seminars, and so on.
It not only makes good sense to use Social Media to create a buzz around your event, it would be unwise in this age NOT to, considering that there are millions of users on every major social networking site.
After all, your primary aim is to ensure that you have excellent attendance; only then can your event be considered a success. You can also engage an event manager or company to handle corporate events Bangalore if you feel daunted by the task.
Here are some ways in which you can leverage social media for your event branding:
- Create a unique hashtag around your event; make absolutely certain it’s not being used for anything else, and keep it short and easy to remember. Mention this hashtag in all your bios, like your official pages on social media, your website, and so on. When it’s all linked, the hashtags help people to find out more about your event.
- Make an Event page on Facebook with details like what the event is about, the venue, speakers, registration details, and so on.
- Create tweet templates on Twitter with location, time and a short, trackable URL of the event page and the hashtag. Introduce the Twitter handles of important speakers and participants on your organization’s Twitter account.
- Use Pinterest for creating pinboards dedicated to various elements of your event like speakers/artists, venue, workshop, merchandise, and so on. As it’s a very visual platform, you need to try and include as many visual elements as possible like pictures, videos, infographics, illustrations, and so on. Make sure you include keywords, and your boards will have greater visibility.
- YouTube can be used to upload teaser videos that mention bare details about the event to generate curiosity about it. If you’re unveiling a new product or product range, you can hint at what it is without actually revealing the complete picture.
- You can also gather moments from previous events, especially if your event is a regular thing like an annual or biennial event. The video should be created in such a way that it conveys the benefits attendees will get at the event. Make it catchy, and people are sure to share it. Host it on YouTube and Vimeo and leverage it in different places like your Event page on Facebook, your website, newsletter, and so on.
- Upload video testimonials of previous attendees; this will be especially effective for self-improvement workshops and wellness programs among others.
- A fun thing to do could be uploading wacky pics of attendees from previous events; let people know that attending even corporate events can be a fun experience.
- Give away freebies like excerpts from your self-improvement video or book; you can give away, say, the first chapter, or an initial 30 minutes of video, and induce them to purchase the full version if they find this useful. You can do this on your website and on Facebook mainly; you can also try it on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Collect photos and upload them on Instagram; again the pictures can be related to the venue, speakers, and other things associated with the event.
- Targeted Facebook ads: An experienced company doing event management Bangalore can help you use Facebook ads to remarket to your prospects; ads are displayed to your website visitors; you can also boost an existing post on your page, or target prospects geographically.
- Conduct a contest on social media networks like Facebook or Twitter; it could be something simple like coming up with an interesting slogan for your new product, to be launched at the event. The prize could be something inexpensive like a dinner for two at a fine-dining establishment, or waiver of registration fees for the workshop or conference.
- You can keep engaging with attendees even during the course of the event by sharing interesting photos from the events, or even quote speakers; this way, if anyone has missed anything important, they can stay up to date!
- You can also interact with attendees to address any concerns or complaints they may have about the event; your Facebook page will be especially helpful, though you can also respond on Twitter.
Does the prospect of doing all this scare you? Perhaps you know how to go about it but lack the manpower and/or time to handle it yourself. Relax! With White Massif, the top corporate event management company in Bangalore, you’re in the safest hands. Let us bother about all the little details of your event while you go about your routine. Just tell us what you need, and we assure you, you will have the experience of a lifetime. With our in-depth experience in organizing all kinds of events and our wide-ranging connections, we will ensure that your event is a massive success.
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here