In today’s highly competitive world, merely organizing and planning an event well is no longer sufficient. You need to market it well too. In fact, everything lies in the Marketing nowadays – with clever marketing, a simple product or service can be made to look or feel like a ‘must-have’ to the audience! But an event is usually a one-off thing, or perhaps an annual event. So how do you market something like that to rake in the maximum Audience and make it a success?
Being one of the top event management companies in Bangalore, we at White Massif are aware of the need and importance of event marketing, and have years of experience in handling all the minute aspects of marketing. Here is how we market your upcoming event to ensure that it’s a sell-out?
- Know your audience: You’ve probably heard this one so many times before that you want to roll your eyes; but believe me there’s nothing as important as this. Get to know where they work, what they do in their spare time, who their friends are, what excites them and where they hang out; take the time to really understand what makes them tick. This will help you build a relationship with them, and will go a long way into staging an epic event.
- Make it personal: whatever the method you use, be sure to tell your audience how attending this event will benefit them; make it all about them, rather than just talking about the features of your event. Give them a solid reason to participate, and you can bet they will. Talk to any reputed conference organizers in Bangalore and they will tell you this holds especially true for seminars, conferences and academic events.
- Use traditional methods: Even in this digital age, a few well-placed banners, flyers in newspapers, radio or TV ads and so on, can work wonders in getting the message to a large audience. You don’t have to forsake the old methods. Depending on your budget, you can use a combo of all these methods for maximum effect.
- Spoiler alerts: If it’s a symposium, conference or seminar you’re marketing, leak the names of eminent people who will be delivering speeches – that should surely get serious prospects to take notice and rush to register!
- Go digital: Create a website, and place ad banners on prominent sites. Use online advertising options like Google AdWords and so on to spread awareness regarding the event. You can also use email marketing and send email blasts to multiple people, informing them of the event and encouraging them to attend. In fact, since this speaks to persons directly, it is often pretty effective at marketing something. Most corporate events in Bangalore today are marketed digitally nowadays.
- Hash-tag Power: The # is a powerful tool for you to promote your event online. Use it on your website and social networking platforms to create a buzz around your event! Make sure the same hashtag is consistently used across platforms and mention it in all the bios.
- Leverage social media: nothing like creating a Facebook Page, pinning event related photos, or tweeting regularly about your event to get it some attention in today’s world! The possibilities are endless – you can create interactive and engaging posts, run contests, post videos or pictures; you can take full advantage of the power of social networking platforms to give the event all the publicity you need. This medium probably offers you the opportunity to connect with the most number of people in the least time and with the least expense! Make sure that the message you use to market your event is consistent across every platform – say a unified phrase, or slogan that best describes your event briefly and crisply.
- Testimonial power: If the event is a recurring one, shoot video testimonials of previous participants and post those online! When people hear good things about your event, they are more likely to want to be a part of it.
- Give away freebies: It’s the thrill of getting something for free, regardless of how valuable it actually is. Give away sample DVDs, or parts of a book, and once they are hooked, offer to give the rest of it if they register for the event. Of course this is just one way to do it – you can use your creativity and come up with other methods!
- Link it: Your audiences should be able to share your messages, posts and tweets easily. Use social sharing buttons in your emails, website and across networks. For example, your audience should be able to tweet a message that they liked on Facebook, and so on.
Marketing an event is not an impossible task, but it’s not a cakewalk either. Why take on this challenge when you can pass on the mantle to experienced event planners? At WhiteMassif we have years of experience, and the requisite know-how to market your event to the right audience to ensure its success. Call us at +91-990-0141-155 today to know more!
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here