The need to market your event on a shoestring budget is the biggest dread for anyone planning an event. Marketing is absolutely essential if you want to host a successful event today. If you’re short of cash, you can still market your event well, as long as you’re able and willing to spend some time to do so. As one of the best event management companies in Bangalore, we have a lot of experience in marketing events on small budgets. Here are some ways to do that:
- If you’ve hosted this event before, use the feedback from the previous time. Make sure you’re addressing the issues pointed out by guests; say things like ‘We’re sorry the ——– was not up to your expectation’ etc.
- Email marketing is very much alive. Send out emails announcing your event and include some fun facts or teasers in each email to keep their interest simmering.
- Offer discounts or specials for referrals; while you may earn less in entry fees, you will still get many attendees. Try to make this up with sale of materials at the event!
- Use social media – invite people through Facebook events or create an event page; use Facebook pixels to build custom audiences from your website for retargeting; all are free methods (except for targeted advertising itself). Create and use hashtags – for posts, photos and even table tents at the event. Hashtags make event related content easily accessible.
- Continue marketing the event on social media even after it has started, especially if it’s spread over a couple of days; or you can share or live-tweet content about event happenings.
- Use the velvet rope strategy: show people a glimpse of what they could have if they upgrade to the premium or VIP tickets; you need to make them want the tickets badly, and you can do this easily through photos of the VIP section.
- Social sharing – do it yourself by retweeting and sharing what your attendees are saying about your event. Maybe you could even create a leaderboard showing which or your guests are the top sharers, or set up a screen showcasing the live tweets. Everyone loves to see themselves or their names as the leader, so this will certainly encourage them to share more! Continue using hashtags to organize the content related to your event.
As a busy professional, you may not have the time to do all these tasks yourself. Call in the experts and go back to doing your job! As a leading corporate event management services company in Bangalore, White Massif has years of experience in ensuring that events are well marketed with minimal funds. See what our previous clients have to say here: http://www.whitemassif.com/corporateevents/corporate_testimonials.html. Give us a call on 91-990-0141-177 to speak to one of our executives now.
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here