Today you have Apps for everything, and there are also a lot of apps out there targeted at events. In fact, you can hardly find a major corporate event that does not use an app – for registration, for publicity, for information sharing, discussion: you name it. So what are the latest trends? What are attendees demanding? What do they want? We asked several industry experts, and chose 7 of the trends we, as one of the top 10 event management companies in Bangalore felt, were most important:
- Real time Video: live video streaming has become a very important part of events now. Attendees demand video streaming apps as they allow them to show their followers, colleagues and employees exactly what they are dong at the moment. Facebook Live and Periscope are the most popular, but there are others in the running. 63% of event app makers offer video embedding capability, and currently over 49% offer live streaming. The demand for these is on the rise.
- Minimalism: Less is more as far as event apps are concerned. Apps that have less functionality, but awesome at the one or couple of things they actually do. Ease of accessibility, clean and simple, and intuitive to use. An app with hundreds of features is no longer an attractive proposition – ask any conference organizers in Bangalore.
- FOMO: The fear of missing out, or FOMO is very real these days. If people are not able to attend a conference their peers are going to, they feel like they are losing out on something big. If you or your company organizes events regularly, you can take advantage of this fear. Through apps, you can foster the fear of missing out on the year’s most dazzling event, or most intellectual debate – whatever the kind of event you’re organizing; you can even include remote participants in the conversation. This way, even if they are not physically present, people can still be ‘attendees’ at your conference, seminar and so on – all thanks to an app. An app that has true integration with social media and live streaming capability will help foster FOMO and ease it too.
- Enhanced UX: Apps that offer a more powerful user experience are increasingly being demanded – by event organizers as well as attendees. Unfortunately, many of the apps are poorly designed, making them difficult to use. Event apps that will be successful in the coming year are those that will provide simplified, user friendly interfaces, for both users and administrators.
- Fitness: No, this is not a weird one. Attendees are increasingly concerned about their health – whether it’s the alcohol being served at the event, the food choices available, or even inclusion of yoga, meditation and aerobics/zumba sessions. There will be, therefore, an increasing demand for apps that provide reports to attendees on the number of calories they have consumed, analyze their activity and periods of inactivity, heart rate and more.
- True Integration: True integration with registration platforms is the need of the hour where event apps are concerned. Apps that provide real time data, one-click import capabilities and more, will be very much in demand. This will benefit organizers to a great extent, by not only making registration process smoother, but provide better analytics too.
- Privacy: Social media has innumerable benefits, but has also reduced privacy for everyone. Event attendees are more concerned than ever about their privacy and data protection. They don’t want sensitive info being tweeted, or brainstorming to be posted on Facebook. Therefore, apps with their own social media – private chats, discussion rooms and so on, will be more in demand in the coming years.
As a corporate event organizer in Bangalore with several years of experience, we at White Massif know how important it is to keep abreast of trends in the events field. Our team of dedicated professionals is always on the lookout for the latest happenings, and makes sure that we not just familiarize ourselves with them, but master them too. You, on the other hand, may not have the time and resources to find out what’s hot and what’s not as far as events are concerned. This is where we come in! Just entrust the organizing of your next corporate event to us, and you can relax, and focus on your work.
We can assure you that we will use the latest technology and make use the best apps available to ensure maximum participation and make your event a roaring success. Finding it hard to believe us? Just take a look at what our previous clients have to say regarding our capabilities here .
To talk to a team member regarding your next event, plan your event, or to make an appointment for a meeting, just call us at 91-990-0141-155. We are always happy to meet you in our office.
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here