Ask any event management company in Bangalore, and they will tell you how important it is to have a trusted network of Vendors for all the various elements of an event like food, décor, equipment and more. A bad vendor can really mess up your entire event – regardless of how much effort you have put in for everything. So you need to choose carefully.
Usually, event professionals build a network over a couple of years, based on mutual trust and successful dealings, and of course, trial and error. But sometimes, you may find that your regular vendor is unavailable for some reason, and you have to find a new one. Panic Time? There’s no need for that! You can create a successful event working with new vendors, provided you deal with them properly. Here are a few tips:
- Get your old/existing vendors, clients or colleagues to refer vendors they have worked with or know personally to be trustworthy.
- Start by giving the new vendor a small portion of the work and not the entire thing; you can easily judge their capabilities and quality of work, and decide if they will be up to the challenge.
- Do a price check; this goes without saying! You should neither overshoot your budget, nor compromise on the quality to save costs. Some vendors may be excellent, but if what they charge is way over your budget, you may have to pass; another may offer very low prices, but doubly check the quality – you don’t want to offend your guests.
- Go directly to the vendor’s workplace to get a first-hand understanding of how they work, what materials they use and so on.
- Request to see previous work done by them – the proof! Corporate event planners in Bangalore usually insist on this step before signing on any new vendor.
- Have a very clear written agreement regarding terms of payment; let them know your organization’s policy with regard to the same, and understand the vendor’s policies as well.
- Be very specific with them regarding your expectations as far as quality, pricing, transportation, delivery, timing and other aspects are concerned.
- Talk to them at length and find out how well they know the industry, and its requirements. If they are able to make valuable suggestions to make your event even better, you know you have found a winner!
There may be times that you don’t have the time to even do this groundwork. You have two options: you can either blindly trust a new vendor, or you can call in WhiteMassi, one of the best event management companies in Bangalore. With their years of experience, they have a vast network of vendors available at short notice. You won’t have to worry about organizing the event – all you need to do is tell them your requirements, and they will do the rest.
Give them a call us on +91-990-0141-177 now to talk to an executive!
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here